Failure to fill in randomly named input fields

Jpnock
Jpnock
Community Member
edited February 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

I am looking to purchase 1Password for Windows however I have a problem. When trying to auto-fill details on http://www.enjin.com/login it will fill in the email field but not the password field. I see this is as the password field has a random name which changes every time you refresh the page. Below is the line of code for the field showing the random field name:

<input name="_p3eb7877c582c4df4d2f97a4ef2f7fe34" tabindex="2" autocomplete="off" type="password">

If you fill all of your details in and save the login then remove everything from the fields then try to auto-fill, it will work. However, when you refresh the page, as the field name changes it can't figure out how to fill in that field thus does not fill it in any more. Just to test, I have tried this in Firefox and Chrome, then changed some of the settings around in 1Password so that there is no field name assigned to the password on the login identity, yet none of this has resolved the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have tested on the latest betas too.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Please try this:

1. Launch the main 1Password program, click on the New Item tool, and choose Login.
    2. Enter the site's full URL, your username and password, and a recognizable name.
    3. Save the new Login item.
    4. Try using the new Login item in your browser.

Please let us know whether the new Login item works at that site.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

1Password should work with randomized field names. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Save a new Login item manually
    2. You said you have tried Firefox and Chrome. Try Internet Explorer.
  • Jpnock
    Jpnock
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

Hello,

Thanks for the excellent support, it works now with the manual workaround. However I also managed to figure out what the problem is when automatically generating the login identity. When the 1Passsword client generates the login identity in 1Password, it also saves the "Login" button which confuses the system when filling in the form.

As seen in the picture I have renamed the "password" name so it is not a random field name and changed it to "password" so it does not look for the random field name and upon the removal of the value "Login", the system begins to auto-fill. So somehow the addition of these extra values is breaking the filling in of the password field but not the username field.

Thanks for the quick responses!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Yes, that's why I suggested creating a Login item in the main 1Password program, @Jpnock: because the program has no idea what the actual field names will be, it assigns generic field names; it also doesn't create additional fields; those two things together match what you did by editing your Login item. (You could probably just delete that unnamed field—it's serving no purpose.)

This discussion has been closed.