Secure Notes Editing issue

mayerdo
mayerdo
Community Member

Is anyone having any issue editing secure notes on an iOS device. I can select to edit but if the note is more than what is displayed on the screen if you try an scroll down you can move the screen up but as soon as you let go the screen snaps back to the top of the note.

Comments

• Hi @mayerdo

This is a known issue:

If you try to scroll by touching along the left side of the screen, you'll find it will scroll as you are dragging, still within the item, but outside the note area. We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

Thanks!

• wobblesthegoose
    wobblesthegoose
    Community Member

Hi @bwoodruff,

I too have experienced this 'screen jump' issue when editing 'secure notes', and have posted a comment in another thread.

Would you also look into another 'secure notes' editing issue: CAN'T DELETE TEXT

1. I start an 'edit' of an existing 'secure notes' record (approx 128-chars)
    2. I then leave 1P mid-stream to handle, say an email
    3. Upon returning to 1P and electing 'Resume editing', I complete my edit
    4. I close my edit by electing 'Done'
    5. The resulting record begins with my edited text, but the pre-edit version of my text is tacked on below my edited version, separated by a "===".
    6. I am unable to delete this tacked-on piece. In fact, if I attempt to delete it and then exit my edit with a 'Done', a second pre-edited version of my text is tacked-on below the first.

By comparison, editing in this 'Leave a Comment' section works perfectly. Could this "CAN'T DELETE TEXT" be a 'feature' of 1P?

Thanks for you assistance.

• Hi @wobblesthegoose,

This appears to be 1Password's conflict resolution kicking in. I'm honestly not sure if that is intentional or not, but I'll make sure our developers are aware. :)

• Observant
    Observant
    Community Member

How they coming on this? I can't edit my secure note on my iPhone, and it's made your product pretty much useless for me.
    Is it possible that this is a conflict with the new open keyboard? I'm using the Swype keyboard. ...Ed

• RahBKoz
    RahBKoz
    Community Member

I would also like to +1 this issue and ask how the resolution is going? I'm having the same problem: a long secure note that extends off the screen...I am able to scroll and view it, but not edit it at all...the keyboard obscures some of it, and it can't scroll down to the bottom. The long notes were created in previous versions of 1P, so this is a recent bug addition.

iPad mini Retina, standard Apple keyboard

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RahBKoz & @Observant,

As I've mentioned to Observant already, we've hopefully got a number of Note related bugs eliminated in 1Password 5.2.1 for iOS which we hope will be in our customer's hands soon.

• Gibbor
    Gibbor
    Community Member

New problem: after working out some glitches, 1Password now works okay on my iMac. The problem is with my iPhone. I do not use auto password because it is cumbersome; I store passwords and quite a bit of other information in Secure Notes. When I want to reference this information, I can scroll up and down without difficulty, but if I try to edit it I am not allowed to scroll. Whenever I move my finger down the screen, the screen rolls but when I lift up my finger it rolls back. Consequently, I cannot enter any information in Secure Notes from my iPhone.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Problems on iMac & i phone.
  • Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Gibbor I have moved your post from the thread in which you posted in the 1P for Mac forum (because it has nothing to do with the problem being discussed there) to this forum and merged it with an existing thread dealing with the same problem.

If you read this thread you will see your issue is a known bug on which AgileBits is working.

Stephen

• Sukhster
    Sukhster
    Community Member

Hi @Stephen_C,

Is there a target date when this bug will be fixed, and a version of the iOS iPhone app released?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Sukhster,

Please see post #7 of this thread. That is as much information as we're able to disclose at this point in time I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.