Welcome page keeps opening when using Chrome extension

Options

Each time I access the Chrome extension for the first time the following is displayed in a new tab;

The extension then functions as normal when selected again.

Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It sounds like the helper isn't running automatically.

Have you tried all the tips in the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase?

• HankPym
    HankPym
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the link, it seems the first suggestion (Verify web browser code signature turned off) is working for now. However, this lowers security and I would prefer it not to be permanent. Is there anything I could be doing to solve the issue and allow that setting to be turned back on?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

The other tips in that article may be worth looking into, in case another of them solves the problem and allows you to re-enable code signature verification.

Let us know what you find out!

• HankPym
    HankPym
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, it returned today on boot. It seems to struggle finding 1Password Helper for a while.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

...and the Verify web browser code signature verification toggle command is still disabled?

• HankPym
    HankPym
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, although I have since re-enabled it as it was clearly not the issue. Could it be firewall or anti-virus related? The only thing I've changed it that I uninstalled my anti-virus a week ago.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is, in fact, the most common cause of this phenomenon. Typically, one of them stops the helper from launching automatically or from communicating as designed, which shows up when you first try to invoke the 1Password extension in your browser. Please see the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase, and let us know how it goes.

• HankPym
    HankPym
    Community Member
    Options

I recently downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and I think that's the root of the issue. Unfortunately, I can't add exclusions on the free version...

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that, @HankPym.

We don't have any information about Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, but disabling it to see whether the problem is resolved might confirm whether it is the cause. If that's the case, perhaps the manufacturer's support folks can help you with a solution.

Let us know what you find out.

This discussion has been closed.