Windows Phone 7

kop48
kop48
Community Member
So, I know I've asked this on Twitter, but is the Agile team looking to port 1P to WP7 in the future? I'm going to be looking for a new phone in the next couple of months, and the only thing holding me back is 1Password support. I know - high praise! ;-)

Comments

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Bugger! :(

Now, the decision is whether to stay in Apple's walled garden, or go with Android... Hmmmm....
  • kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    stu wrote:

This is me speaking as a geek and not as a member of the AWS team, just to be clear:

I personally prefer iOS, while Apple do have control over the App Store that's generally a good thing, it keeps crap out of the store, makes the whole process finding and purchasing of apps much easier and in general the apps seem to be of higher quality. Sure, Apple have made mistakes with the review process, but I genuinely believe they're improving the review process all the time, and speaking as a 'developer padawan' I'm impressed with how they work with developers when there's a problem.

Now, I do have an Android phone for testing 1Password for Android, and there's lots to like, the refund process is better on the Marketplace, but at the same time there's lots of junk in the Marketplace and so many Android devices out there that it makes it hard for developers to provide a consistent experience across all devices.

Either way, you'll still have 1Password, although of course the iOS version has been around a little bit longer so it has more features right now, but I know Gene is working incredibly hard to make 1Password for Android really kick some butt :-)

Just my 2 pence :-)

Hmm now I have a dilemma where, if I want to get an iPhone 4, there'll be a new one released no more than 6 months after. Might be worth me buying it outright and selling it again when the new one comes out...
  • kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    stu wrote:

That's the problem with technology, it moves so fast! That's exactly what I did though, bought an unlocked iPhone 4 so I could switch carriers when I need to (I'm in the UK, so I've got the option of quite a few, I chose T-Mobile in the end and haven't looked back since) and then sell the phone for a good price if the iPhone 5, or whatever it will be called, comes out if I feel it's worth the upgrade.

I will say though, the iPhone 4 is a fantastic device, the retina display is just beautiful :-)

haha I know, I've borrowed my Dad's one while he's away. I do like it a lot!

The issue I have is that in the US, the iPhone is only available (and will only function with any decent performance) on AT&T... :-(
  • kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    stu wrote:

That's a major issue for a lot of people, I run a Mac podcast as well as working for Agile, so I hear all the rumours about the iPhone coming to Verizon, or more specifically CDMA. I'd say we'll see a iPhone on Verizon in the future, but not on CDMA, I'm thinking Apple will wait for the global rollout of LTE to happen, which is meant to be the 'one ring' to bind GSM and CDMA into a single, well spec'd and capable, standard so every network can leverage the same network strengths.

Yup, I'm thinking I'll get an iOS device (iPod or iPad), and then get a WP7 phone. That way, I don't have to go on contract and I still have 1Password! :) Also, gives me the flexibility to upgrade in the future.
  • MemphisGeek
    MemphisGeek
    Community Member
    stu wrote:

This is me speaking as a geek and not as a member of the AWS team, just to be clear:

...it keeps crap out of the store...

Like all the fart apps? :P
    I have a Galaxy Tab, a i5 MBP and an Asus i5 based PC...AND a HTC HD7.
    All platforms have their ups and downs and one of the "downs" for Windows Phone 7 is no 1Password. Please consider it. :D
  • I recently purchased the Focus and was hoping you guys would be supporting it.

I remember the same was said for Android and then a week later, it was announced.

Wish the same would happen here, but I'm very doubtful. Hopefully you guys support it soon.

Works well on my nexus, iPhone 4, PC and mac, so I'm sure it would for a wp7 device as well.
  • rob
    rob
    edited January 2011
    duvi wrote:

I recently purchased the Focus and was hoping you guys would be supporting it.

I remember the same was said for Android and then a week later, it was announced.

Wish the same would happen here, but I'm very doubtful. Hopefully you guys support it soon.

Works well on my nexus, iPhone 4, PC and mac, so I'm sure it would for a wp7 device as well.

Well, I can tell you that it won't be next week. That's not to say there never will be, though. It took us a while before we supported Android, too.

Thanks for the feedback, duvi!

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the forums!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    As Rob said, it wasn't "next week," but is the week after acceptable? :-D

1Password for Windows Phone 7 is here!

Cheers!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the kind words! It's part of what makes Agile…agile. :-)
  • I knew I wasn't insane. Lmao! I knew I asked about it in January and only now noticing it was released it January.

you guys are crazy! good stuff! lol.

Thank you very much. Wish I would have known it was out sooner. Only app I need now is my banking app, Chase.
  • kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    edited May 2011
    Wow - amazing stuff! With the Mango update coming out for WP7, and now you guys supporting the platform, I'm regretting getting an iPhone!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Heresy! :lol:

At the moment 1Password is still in beta and read-only on Windows Phone 7, so console yourself with that at least. :-)
  • duvi
    edited May 2011
    brenty wrote:

I remember this thread now, too! Time sure does fly. Crazy indeed. Who knows what'll be next? B)

I take it you're enjoying WP7 then. I have to admit I am curious myself, but at this point they would have to pry my iPhone out of my cold, dead hands. You never know, though. Things change. ;)

I sure am. All I need now is my Chase banking app and I'll be set. I used to say the same, but now my iPhone 4 is collecting dust on my desk right now. I haven't used it in months.

If you're going to try one, get the Focus.
  • khad wrote:

Heresy! :lol:

At the moment 1Password is still in beta and read-only on Windows Phone 7, so console yourself with that at least. :-)

i'll be patiently waiting. i only ever need it for read-only on my mobile devices anyways.

if you have betas you'd like me to test out, i have an unlocked Focus (please say yes... ha).
  • duvi wrote:

i'll be patiently waiting. i only ever need it for read-only on my mobile devices anyways.

if you have betas you'd like me to test out, i have an unlocked Focus (please say yes... ha).

I'm confused, did this post not work for you?

1Password for Windows Phone 7 is here!

Do you mean you can't install 1Password because your phone is unlocked?

The kids have been wearing me out today, so please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious :)
This discussion has been closed.