CSV Import (Folders & Sub Folders)

Hi All,

Like a lot of people on here I am coming from another password program(Password Agent by Moon Software). Nothing wrong with it other than I need to be able to use iOS to access passwords as well.

I am having trouble importing nested folders using the CSV import tool. Using the folder seperator option in the import tool I can create single folders, but a nested folder setup just creates a new folder.

For example my title data has the foldername in it, in the following format: "Folder1\Title" and it works perfectly, importing and creating a new folder called "Folder1" and having an password entry called "Title".

My problem is when I need to import sub folders, ie "Folder1\SubFolder\Title", the result is a folder called "Folder1\SubFolder" with an entry called "Title". What I should get is a Folder called "Folder1" with a nested/sub folder within it called "Subfolder" with an entry in it called "Title".

Has anyone got any ideas?

Chris

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @Cantelopeman,

A recent fix went into 1Password for Windows for a similar issue (when importing via 1PIF files). I wonder if a) you are running the updated beta version, and/or b) if this is similar problem with CSV importing.

Which version are you running, and if not the beta version, it might be worth a try.

• Cantelopeman
    Cantelopeman
    Community Member

Thanks so much for your response. I am just running the standard version. I will d/l the beta and let you know.

Chris

• Cantelopeman
    Cantelopeman
    Community Member

:| I just tried the beta and it exhibits the same behaviour as the standard version. Thanks for helping.

Chris

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

You can probably expect a reply soon from @svondutch, one of the developers of the Windows version.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Cantelopeman Can you send me an example CSV export, exhibiting this problem?

stefan AT agitebits DOT com

Thanks!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Cantelopeman Fixed in 4.2.1.BETA-551

• Hi @Cantelopeman,

Please do try the latest beta if you can and let us know how it works.

This discussion has been closed.