buying a family package

Alvin_Banman
Alvin_Banman
Community Member

I have 2 mac minis and other apple machines. I have been using a 1 Password 3 for 3-4 years on both machines. I down loaded 1 P 5 on my mac mini thinking I could buy the family package. It did not work out that way I loaded the 1 P 5 on my my mini but did not load on my wife's machine. I could not find a place to make the purchase. Where do I go to make the purchase for the family package.

Comments

• Alvin_Banman
    Alvin_Banman
    Community Member

I have 2 mac minis and other apple machines. I have been using a 1 Password 3 for 3-4 years on both machines. I down loaded 1 P 5 on my mac mini thinking I could buy the family package. It did not work out that way I loaded the 1 P 5 on my my mini but did not load on my wife's machine. I could not find a place to make the purchase. Where do I go to make the purchase for the family package.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The licensing has changed. There is no longer a separate family license, but a single license can be used for (I think it is) up to six family members in the same household. So better than before.

Just download 1PW onto her machine. And copy the license file from your machine to hers and install that file.

All this is assuming you don't want iCloud sync. If you do, you will have to get 1PW from Apple's App Store.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Alvin_Banman ,

As @danco says, our licensing has changed recently, to stay in line with the licensing that is offered from the Mac App Store (with the advent of family sharing.) A single license can now be used by up to 6 members of the same household, on as many computers as they use.

If you haven't already purchased your license for 1Password 5, be sure that you are using our upgrade page. Just enter your existing license details in to get a discount on your upgrade.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

ref: 332721?

This discussion has been closed.