Total costs of 1Password if used on different machines

Options
omar68
omar68
Community Member

Hello,

I am interested in 1Password but do not know exactly what the costs will be if I want to use it on:

• iMac
  • MacBook Pro
  • Windows PC
  • iPhone
  • iPad

I know that there is a bundle version for Mac and Windows PC. But I did not see any information if I could use 1 paid license to use on 2 Mac OSX machines or if I should buy for each Mac OSX machine a separate license?
Synchronization will be done via Dropbox and not iCloud, so I would install the Web store version.

Is it possible to include pictures (eg of credit cards, ID cards) in 1Password and to display these pics directly in the iOS app?

I thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Orazio

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

One license covers both Macs.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You can attach files, including images, to any record, but only on the desktop, so far. When you sync to iOS, those files can be viewed on the iOS device. So the answer to your question is, Yes.

There have been quite a few requests from users to be able to add attachments directly on iOS, which the developers have noted. It would be particularly useful to be able to take a picture on the iOS device and attach it to a 1Password record.

• omar68
    omar68
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your replies...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @omar68,

I'm glad the answers from danco and hawkmoth were helpful! I just wanted to reiterate that 1Password is licensed per platform, and not per device. So, that means a license for the Mac version can be used on all of your Macs, a license for the Windows version can be used on all your Windows PCs, and so on. If you purchase the Mac/Windows license bundle on our web store, that covers all your Macs and Windows PCs - and saves you some money as well! ;)

As for your iOS devices: 1Password 5 for iOS is a free download, and offers free basic features. If you would like to unlock the Pro Features in 1Password 5 for iOS, you can do so with an in-app purchase (you would only need to purchase the Pro Features once and can unlock them in 1Password 5 on all your iOS 8 devices associated with your Apple ID).

If you have more questions, just let us know - we're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.