Trouble with Chrome & Firefox extensions, how to revert to older versions?

sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
edited February 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: Update has rendered 1Password unusable.

Comments

• mgb
    mgb
    Community Member

i am having a problem after updating the extensions for both Firefox and Chrome. Clicking on the 1Password icon on my toolbar when i'm trying to enter a site does nothing now. How can I get the previous extensions back?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@mgb try using the Restart 1Password Helper option on the application's Help menu.

• mgb
    mgb
    Community Member

I apologize for my earlier thickness. I tried your suggestion and found no difference. Accessing the 1P icon in the toolbar does nothing for any website on either Chrome or Firefox.

• mgb
    mgb
    Community Member

Everything worked perfectly until I did the extension updates on Firefox & Chrome. I have done the restart as suggestion in the link and continue to get no "life" from the 1P icon in the toolbar.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mgb,

Sorry you're still having trouble with using 1Password in Chrome and Firefox after trying what @RichardPayne suggested. Is it with version 4.2.5 of the extensions? And which version of the 1Password application are you running? Have you also restarted your system since this problem started?

• mgb
    mgb
    Community Member

Yes, it is version 4.2.5.; 1P is 4.1.0.538. And unfortunately, yes, I did restart the system last night after I first found an unresponsive 1P following the extensions updates.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Accessing the 1P icon in the toolbar does nothing

@mgb Please turn OFF this setting: Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature

• mgb
    mgb
    Community Member

BINGO! That did it! Thanks a whole lot.
    I have to question why this was necessary, but you've more problems to solve. Thank you!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Happy to hear @stefan's suggestion worked for you, @mgb. Thanks for letting us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.