Cannot access my account

dc326
dc326
Community Member
edited February 2015 in iOS

I lost my iPhone and I retrieved my 1Password app under the purchased in the App Store. When I opened the app up, my options are the cloud, Dropbox or Wi-Fi. Out of the 3, the iCloud seemed the obvious choice, but no data was found on the cloud when I tried to sync.
So my questions are, why can't I enter my email and my password to access my 1Password account or because I obviously I didn't back up my data on the cloud, did I lose everything?

Comments

• Hi @dc326,

1Password is not a "hosted service" (i.e. AgileBits does not store your data). There is no place to authenticate with a username and password because there is no reason to authenticate with us.

By default your 1Password data is stored only on the device that it is created on. In our user guide we explain how to backup and restore your data using iTunes:

If you had previously made a backup using this method that guide should help you restore it.

If you had not backed up your data, and were not syncing with iCloud, Dropbox, or with a Mac or PC via WiFi, then unfortunately yes, losing your device does mean losing your data.

Ben

• dc326
    dc326
    Community Member

Sounds like I did lose everything. Good lesson learned. I did upgrade from the free version, did I lose that too?

Thank you very much.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for chiming in @brenty - this is great advise! Always back up your data!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@dc326b - Your upgrade from the free to the Pro version won't be lost. When you download a new copy using the same Apple ID you used to buy the Pro upgrade, the Pro version will be there too.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dc326 ,

It sounds like you've had some great advice here. I hope that 1Password works smoothly for you, but please let me know if you do have trouble accessing the Pro features!

This discussion has been closed.