Best workflow and category for saving passwords & PINs for stand alone apps (no website associated)?

BoxCar
BoxCar
Community Member

Best workflow and category for saving passwords & PINs for stand alone apps (no website associated)?
iOS 1P won't allow me to save a 'login' without a website. What's the best way to save passwords and pins of iOS app that don't have websites?

Comments

• Hi @BoxCar ,

If you have purchased the Pro features, you can make a new item of type "Password" and save it there. Password items are for storing just passwords with no usernames or other data (other than the title of the item.

If you have not purchased the Pro features, you can put in a fake username or website in a login item. I believe an update is in the works to be able to save a login item without the web site though.

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member

I have purchased Pro but there IS a user name. You know apps that need user names and passwords but NO WEBSITE. Why can't I skip entering the website instead of inserting a fake URL. That sounds like kind of a lame hack to me.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BoxCar,

I apologize for the confusion here. If you wish to save a username + password combination, the Login is the place to be. As @hayesk says, we have an update coming soon to allow you to save a Login without including a URL. This is simply a bug in the current version. We'll do what we can to get the fix version out to you as soon as possible. :)

This discussion has been closed.