Husband, Wife, iPhones, Mac Desktop, MacBook Pro, PC at Work

solotar
solotar
Community Member

Help ... In my family my wife and I both have our own iPhones and our own Apple IDs. She uses a Mac desktop and I have a MacBook Pro. At work I use a PC. I know I need to buy a Mac and Windows bundle, but do I need to buy 2 different Mac licenses because we have 2 different Apple IDs?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

You can only buy the Mac + Windows bundle from AgileBits. Their terms allow up to six family members in the same household to use a single user license, so No, you don't need two Mac licenses. Agileabits licenses aren't tied to Apple IDs. Those sold on the Mac App Store are, but you still could share a single license if you set up Family Sharing.

You didn't ask about iOS, but I'll say anyway that the application is free to download and use in its basic form. Activating the more advanced Pro features requires an in-app purchase. apple does not permit Family Sharing for those purchases, so each person with a different Apply ID would need to buy those features separately.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @solotar,

I hope that Hawkmoth's answer here has helped - he's pretty much covered all the bases. Of course, if you have any further questions, we're happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.