Registration & Log In saving

Options
darkutz
darkutz
Community Member

I appologise in advance if this has been discused before but I can not find any way to make 1password save a new login or a new website registration on my iPhone safari or 1password browser. To be more exact.. I opened this forum and completed the sign up form but 1password never offered to save this as a new login.. not even when I logged in to the forum.. did I miss somethig or this only work on windows pc ?

Comments

• darkutz
    darkutz
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

never mind.. started reading on the forum and it seams 1password do not support this on iOS.. hopefully it will soon.. maybe at least in 1password browser if not in Safari? its really unconvenient because im one of the people that uses his phone more than his laptop.. so its annoying to switch to my laptop for a registration.. or register then go and add the login manualy to 1password.. very important in a password manager i think.. so it should be a very high priority for near future update of the app.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @darkutz,

You're quite right, this is one area where iOS could use a little love. Going forward I would suspect we'll concentrate on the iOS Safari extension now that Apple have made this significant improvement. Our extension is new (as are extensions in general) and we realise it's somewhat basic but eventually we want it to save like you can manually save on the Mac and also we know we need it to be able to fill in credit cards and identities too. We're actually working on a new filling logic that I believe the Mac and iOS will share so once that arrives I would hope you'll see some improvements that you really like.

ref: OPI-776
    ref: OPI-1432

• darkutz
    darkutz
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables I dont want to sound harsh or anything I just express my thoughts as a every day user and things like this, in my opinion, are basic things that belong to a password manager application. It would be a shame not to have everything implemented as soon as possible.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @darkutz ,

I don't think you sounded harsh at all. It's easy to get excited when a new feature and see all of the awesome potential it has. As @littlebobbytables says, our developers have some great ideas for improving the extension and making it more powerful and useful.

Unfortunately, there are only so many hours in a day, and it's not always possible to have everything implemented immediately. This is 'version 1' of a brand new feature that Apple only made available in iOS 8. Some of these improvements require significant effort on the part of our developers. That being said, we do have some great stuff planned for the extension moving forward, and we can't wait until its ready to show off.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

• darkutz
    darkutz
    Community Member
    Options

No problem @Megan I am looking forward to all new features that 1p will offer.. since Im one of your newest app users. :) Again I apreciate allyour effort and hopefully see only grate work and updates from 1p team.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, @darkutz ,

Thanks so much for supporting 1Password - we really appreciate it. We're here to help with any questions, hopes, dreams and/or feature requests you might have. ;)

This discussion has been closed.