how to get upgrade to mac 1password 5 to recognize old data in dropbox from version 3.8.22

Options
jimkingjames
jimkingjames
Community Member

(1) I have been using 1Password 3.8.22 happily with sync to Dropbox. Upgraded to 1Password 5 and just upgraded Mac OS to Yosemite. Downloaded new version but it does not see the old data. Don't see how to do this. (2) if I get this working, will it mess up the Dropbox data on my other Macs that are still running Mac OS 10.9?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jimkingjames,

Are you having trouble syncing with Dropbox during the setup of 1Password 5, or have you created a new, empty vault in 1Password 5 and are having trouble syncing it with Dropbox?

The first time you open 1Password 5, you should be able to choose the option for "I've used 1Password before" and then choose the option to sync with Dropbox.

Or if you've already created a new vault in 1Password 5, you should be able to follow these steps:

• Open 1Password 5 and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences
    • Select the Sync tab and choose Dropbox from the “Sync vault with” pop-up menu
    • Click the Choose button and select the .agilekeychain file in your Dropbox folder (then click Open)
    • Click the Merge with Existing button

Does that help? If you're still having trouble with that, please let us know the steps you're taking and exactly what happens.

(By the way, syncing 1Password 5 with your vault in Dropbox won't be a problem for your other Macs. They should all be able to sync your 1Password data back & forth.)

This discussion has been closed.