Newbie: How can I add fields to category templates?

George Medve
George Medve
Community Member

I have just switched from Wallet as they do not support Android devices. However, there is a feature I miss already and after poking around in the app I have not been able to figure out how to add a field to a category template.

for example:
1. I would like to add a URL field to the Bank Account template, but I can't see how I can achieve this?
2. I would like to add an extra field to the Login template as some of my accounts require more than just a Username and Password.

Can someone explain how I can do this?

Thanks
George

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You have posted in the 1P for Mac forum. I appreciate you may have intended to do that but it would be helpful if you'd confirm you are in fact asking how to do that on a Mac. If you intended to post in the 1P for Android forum I'll move your post there, where you'll get more help.

Stephen

• Hi @George Medve‌,

Welcome to 1Password, and thanks for writing in! Unfortunately that's not yet possible in 1Password. I can file the feature request on your behalf though. It's certainly something that's on our minds.

Rick

• George Medve
    George Medve
    Community Member

Hi @rickfillion‌, yes please, adding additional custom fields (with URL detection) would be useful.

@Stephen_C, yes it was intended for this forum.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @George Medve

While you wait for a future version that supports your request, what many of us do is simply have a Login item for our bank as well as the Bank Account item for the more general information. I know it isn't what you're asking for, merely it's a stopgap.

As for 2. If you're referring to pages that require more than a username and password and you still want them to fill automatically, that's doable now. What to do is follow the guide for Saving a Login Manually with all the pertinent fields filled in. 1Password will store everything that's in all the fields. When you view the Login it might not seem like it has but check under web form details. Now you probably want to see all of those fields without clicking the button and have them stored in the visible section, that's no problem too. Most items can have custom sections where you can define your own section titles, labels and field contents. Examples of usage include extra details for logging in, somewhere to store security questions (all my answers are fake so I'm not remembering them), you get the idea.

Does that cover your second request? if I've missed something do please let me know.

• drJock
    drJock
    Community Member

+1 for this. I would like to add a "normal location" field to all my credit card entries. That way if my wallet was stollen, I'd like to be able to immediately pull up all the stolen cards and call to cancel them. Editing and creating new category templates really needs to be possible.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @drJock,

Thanks for the feedback! I can't make any promises, but this is definitely a popular request from our customers, so hopefully we'll be able to include a feature like that in the future. For now, you can add additional fields to your items, but you would have to do that for each item you want to have that field.

This discussion has been closed.