Confused on how this works multiple devices.

Holiday
Holiday
Community Member

I have a Mac, iPad and an Android phone. I access website forums and email on all. How much am I paying to do this on all three? Also, I assume if I want to access let's say my email on a public computer I will need to know the actual password, correct? Finally does this work with signing into things like accounts such as the app store or iCloud? Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Holiday ,

I have a Mac, iPad and an Android phone. I access website forums and email on all. How much am I paying to do this on all three?

To use 1Password on all these devices, you'll need three separate pieces of software:

So, to start off with, the only license you'll need to purchase is for Mac. Then, as you get more familiar with 1Password, you may want to unlock the Pro and Premium features on your mobile devices to get access to more advanced functions of the apps.

1Password 5 for Mac is also available as a free 30-day trial. You can download a copy from our downloads page to try it out.

Also, I assume if I want to access let's say my email on a public computer I will need to know the actual password, correct?

Generally, if I'm accessing my email from a public computer (which happens rarely), I open 1Password on my iOS device and use that to view the password while typing it in on the computer.

If you find yourself accessing certain accounts frequently on public computers, I would suggest using a password generation technique such as Diceware for those passwords. Our security guru talks about it in the blog post Towards Better Master Passwords. This technique will create a password that is both easy to remember and type.

Finally does this work with signing into things like accounts such as the app store or iCloud?

1Password for Mac comes with handy browser extensions that will help you sign into websites with a few keystrokes. We also have an app extension that is available via the iOS share sheet for easy filling of your password data in mobile Safari. If you are referring to filling in a third-party app (such as logging in to iTunes or the App Store on your Mac) there's a handy feature in 1Password called 1Password mini which gives you easy access to your data for copying and pasting.

I hope this helps to answer your questions! We have some fairly comprehensive User Guides that can walk you through the process of getting started with 1Password, but we're always here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

• Holiday
    Holiday
    Community Member

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.