Multiple accounts, auto-fill always chooses one

Options
Tom Harrington
Tom Harrington
Community Member

On a few sites I have multiple valid logins.

In some cases, 1P's auto-fill displays a menu of logins, and I can choose the one I need. In other cases, auto-fill chooses one of the logins for auto fill. The menu isn't displayed unless I click the 1P icon.

I can't tell what's different about these cases. How can I make 1P always show a menu of logins on these sites? There should not be a default choice for these sites.

Comments

• Hi Tom,

If only one login item exactly matches the current domain, it will be auto-filled. For example, if you're on subdomain.example.com, and you have a login saved for example.com and subdomain.example.com, the login for subdomain.example.com will be auto-filled.

If Lenient URL matching (under Preferences > Browser) is enabled, subdomains will be ignored, and 1Password will treat all logins for the domain and its subdomains the same.

So this should be fixed by ensuring all the relevant login items use the correct website (and correct subdomain) or by enabling Lenient URL matching.

Let us know if that helps! :)

• Tom Harrington
    Tom Harrington
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, lenient URL matching helps here.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Jasper, you're very welcome! Please let us know if you have more questions or need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.