Not found: No .agilekeychain or .opvault found in Dropbox.

Options
mike_ehrman
mike_ehrman
Community Member

When opening 1Password on my iPhone, I would get an "Allow Sync with Dropbox" message every 10 seconds even after allowing it and dismissing it many, many times. I deleted 1Password and re-installed it. Now, when syncing with Dropbox, I get the error "Not found: No .agilekeychain or .opvault found in Dropbox. Please make sure you are using the correct Dropbox account and syncing another computer or device with it." I don't have another Dropbox account. Any suggestions on my next step?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi @mike_ehrman,

Could you please let me know what devices you are running 1Password on and what version of 1Password you have on each of them?

Also, if you login to the Dropbox website, do you see any 1Password data?

Thanks!

• mike_ehrman
    mike_ehrman
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 1Password 5.2 on an iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.3. I also have 1Password 5.2 on my iPad at home. I used to have 1Password on my work Macbook Pro but I no longer have the Mac. I do not see any 1Password data when I log into the Dropbox website.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mike_ehrman,

If you don't have any 1Password data in your Dropbox account, that would certainly explain why you're getting that message. Were you previously syncing your 1Password data with Dropbox? If so, your 1Password data might be in Dropbox/Apps/1Password/ so please make sure to check for that location.

Did you have any data in 1Password on your iPhone before you deleted & reinstalled it? Are you trying to sync your 1Password data from the iPad to the iPhone? If so, please make sure you follow these steps to set up Dropbox sync in 1Password on your iPad. Then you should be able to set up Dropbox sync in 1Password on your iPhone.

Hopefully that helps, but if I've misunderstood the situation, please let us know some more details about what you're trying to do. Thanks!

• mike_ehrman
    mike_ehrman
    Community Member
    Options

I had been syncing my 1Password data since November. Or so I thought. I never saw an Apps folder in Dropbox like I was apparently supposed to. I had a lot of data in 1Password before I deleted it and reinstalled. Unfortunately, I didn't have 1Password on my iPad like I thought. It appears that I've lost everything I had in 1Password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mike_ehrman ,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble here! Unfortunately, if 1Password wasn't synced when you deleted the app, then all the data stored in 1Password would be saved within the app itself. Deleting the app also deletes the internal data storage. Let's take a closer look at your device to see where things are at.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the Report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• mike_ehrman
    mike_ehrman
    Community Member
    Options

The Diagnostics Report has been sent to support+forum@agilebits.com. Once I receive the automated reply, I'll attach the Support ID number to this thread as well. Thank you Megan for your help.

• mike_ehrman
    mike_ehrman
    Community Member
    Options

support ID is [#FZL-57645-135]

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mike_ehrman ,

Thanks for sharing the support ID! I took look in our system and it seems that you're already receiving help from one of our technical gurus - you're in good hands. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating confusion between here and there.

This discussion has been closed.