One time use

Michaels1Pass
Michaels1Pass
Community Member

How come, on my iOS device, my 1Password Master password is good for only ONE access to the app? The moment I leave the 1Password app (for example, to open another app) then I go back to the 1Password app, I have to login again with my loooonngg Master Password. This happens immediately! Can I change that? In OS, it seems to logout several minutes later, but immediately with iOS.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Michaels1Pass,

All settings to do with locking are contained within Settings : Security inside 1Password for iOS. One of the defaults is to Lock on Exit and changing that will make greater use of the Auto-Lock timer.

• Michaels1Pass
    Michaels1Pass
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

The How to Choose a Master Password link isn't working.

• Michaels1Pass
    Michaels1Pass
    Community Member

PIN entry isn't working. I switched it on per the article then entered my desired PIN but the screen (on my iPad) didn't offer any means of saving or confirming or re-entering that PIN.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Michaels1Pass,

Here is the sequence I see.

Now if I don't successfully enter the PIN twice I get the following

and if I don't have a PIN on my iOS device I don't get to enter the PIN even a single time.

So you manage to get to screenshot 1 but you never make it to 2.? I assume it takes you back to screenshot 4. but without the PIN being enabled and no error message at all?

• Michaels1Pass
    Michaels1Pass
    Community Member

Here's what I get immediately after I enter my 4 digit PIN w/o touching anything else:

• Michaels1Pass
    Michaels1Pass
    Community Member

Note the ........ in front of the first digit. There is no 2nd entry. No Confirm page. No errors.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Michaels1Pass,

That's quite strange, I haven't seen that happen before. Please double-click the Home button and swipe up on 1Password to close it, then re-open 1Password and try again to set up the PIN Code. Does that make any difference, or do you have the same problem?

If that doesn't help, you can try restarting your iPhone (hold down the power button for a few seconds and "slide to power off", then turn it back on again). If it's still a problem after that, can you let us know which exact version of 1Password you're using? In the 1Password app, you can find the version on the Settings screen, right below the Recommend 1Password option. Thanks!

• Michaels1Pass
    Michaels1Pass
    Community Member

Drew_AG, this time I was able to get a little further but not the way I should have. I turned on PIN Code, selected a different PIN that I had been using before (in fact, it is the PIN to unlock my device) and it took it. I didn't think it was supposed to accept the device pin, but it did. Now that I know it will take that pin, how do I now go back and change it to a different pin? Funny thing is that if I use the PIN that I wanted to use, it immediately gives the .......... screen shot that I sent yesterday. But, if I use another number, it's OK with that. There must be something about the number I wanted to use that it doesn't like. I tried several other numbers and it's OK with them ... just not this one particular number I wanted to use. That number is NOT my device unlock code.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Michaels1Pass,

To make sure I understand, is the problem happening when you set up a PIN Code in 1Password > Settings > Security? Or can you set the PIN, but the problem happens when 1Password is locked and you enter the PIN to unlock it?

I've never heard of 1Password having trouble with one specific PIN code, so that's very odd. It shouldn't make a difference if you try to use the same PIN code in 1Password as you use for your device, although we recommend you make them different for security purposes. If the problem happens when trying to set up a PIN code in 1Password, does it happen the first time you enter the PIN, or when you confirm the PIN code by entering the same thing a second time? In your previous screenshot, it looks like the first time, but I'm not sure if that's changed.

Now that I know it will take that pin, how do I now go back and change it to a different pin?

In 1Password, simply go to Settings > Security and turn the PIN Code option off, then back on again. You'll be asked to set up a new PIN code.

If it's still a problem, can you let us know if you tried my suggestions from yesterday (force quit 1Password, restart device)? Also, which version of 1Password are you using?

• Michaels1Pass
    Michaels1Pass
    Community Member

It happens the 1st time I enter the PIN. It is now allowing me to enter a PIN, but I am not getting it right so I have to enter the long Master PW. BTW, I've had my phone off and on several times since then.

• Michaels1Pass
    Michaels1Pass
    Community Member

It happens the 1st time I enter the PIN. It is now allowing me to enter a PIN, but I am not getting it right so I have to enter the long Master PW. BTW, I've had my phone off and on several times since then.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Michaels1Pass,

It happens the 1st time I enter the PIN. It is now allowing me to enter a PIN, but I am not getting it right so I have to enter the long Master PW.

I'm afraid I might be a bit confused here: According to your screenshot (from Feb 22), you were running into a strange UI glitch when trying to set up the PIN Code option in 1Password's Security settings. However, now it sounds like you were able to set up a PIN code, but you're having trouble entering the PIN in order to unlock 1Password.

If you enabled the PIN code but enter it incorrectly when trying to unlock 1Password, it will ask for your master password instead, so that sounds like it's working correctly now. Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem? If there's still an issue, please let us know exactly what's happening now (the more details, the better) and we'll take it from there. Thanks!

• Michaels1Pass
    Michaels1Pass
    Community Member

Someone needs to call me or I'll just have to cancel. I can't have my mobile devices (iPhone and iPad) unprotected like this. Nor can I accept the constant need to enter a long, secure password when the PIN isn't working right. Why don't you have a Support phone number? I don't like it, but I live a very stressed, impossible schedule and don't have time to figure this out via discussion group.

• Michaels1Pass
    Michaels1Pass
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

iPassword mobile locks after 1 pin attempt. How do I login to a site from my mobile device? Pin doesn't work. How do I confirm/change pin?

We can't address all of these items via Discussion Group. Nor do I have the time. Get phone support or at least online "chat".

• Hi @Michaels1Pass,

I'm sending you an email. Please keep an eye out for it.

Thanks.

ref: LGF-95292-685

This discussion has been closed.