iOS extension bugs

TylerG
TylerG
Community Member

This may not be the appropriate place to report bugs, but I can't find an obvious contact email, so here goes…

I'm integrating the 1Password extension in an app I'm building and have found a few bugs.

Context:
iOS 8.1.3
iPhone 6
1Password 5.2

I'm closely following the instructions to save a new login in my app. I observed all these bugs after the 1Password extension successfully launched and displayed the new login information.

Bug 1

When the extension is first launched the title of the new login is hidden behind the navigation bar.
To see the login I title I need to pull down the view past its resting point.

Bug 2

After first launching the extension, if I scroll down and tap Saved form details, exit from the form detail view, then tap Done, the extension exits the edit mode, but does not dismiss.

After that I can't get it to dismiss without force quitting the app.

Bug 3

I'm creating login details very similar to those shown in the instructions:
NSDictionary *newLoginDetails = @{
AppExtensionTitleKey: @PatientReach,
AppExtensionUsernameKey: apiUser.userName,
AppExtensionPasswordKey: self.passwordTextField.text ? : @"",
AppExtensionNotesKey: @Saved with the PatientReach app,
AppExtensionSectionTitleKey: @Registered User,
AppExtensionFieldsKey: @{
@firstname : apiUser.firstName,
@lastname : apiUser.lastName
}};

You can see I'm adding a section titled Registered User with first and last names as fields. However, when the extension launches, it shows the fields with a blank section title.

I've confirmed that if I save the login information, the title is still blank.

Hope this helps you find and zap some bugs. I'd be nice to get notified if/when they're fixed, but I can understand if that can't happen.

Comments

• TylerG
    TylerG
    Community Member

Done and done.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TylerG,

Thanks so much for taking the time to send us detailed information about the issues you found! :)

I wanted to check to make sure we received your diagnostics report email, but I couldn't find it when I searched for the email address associated with your forum account (you may have used a different email address to send it). After sending that email, did you receive a reply from the BitBot assistant? If so, please let us know the ticket ID from that response so we can track your message down and ensure it gets answered quickly. Thanks!

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reprot this issues to us @TylerG :+1:

This may not be the appropriate place to report bugs, but I can't find an obvious contact email.

Any place is good place to file bugs. However, it is preferable that you file the App Extension API bugs in Github so that they're visible to all developers too.

Bug 1

We crushed it in the 5.3 betas. YAY! (OPI-2248)

Bug 2

@brenty, I had trouble reproducing this one too. Here are the detailed steps to reproduce:

1. Sign up in ACME by creating a new Login.
    2. Scroll to “Saved form details” and tap it.
    3. Go back to the detail view.
    4. Hit done and bam!

The good news is that this issue will be gone in the upcoming version of 1Password because we overhauled the Login creation view in the extension too, similarly to the new Login creator in the current 5.2 version.:smiley:

Bug 3

Nice catch @TylerG! I just filed an issue in our bug tracker and we’ll fix it soon. (OPI-2374)

Hope that this helps :wink:

Have an amazing weekend!

This discussion has been closed.