New Macbook pro 1Password not syncing

Options
madchef
madchef
Community Member

I downloaded 1 password and signed in with iCloud on my new mac book pro but it is not syncing with my phone and iPad. It is missing about 20+ accounts/logins I have tried to sync multiple ways, no success

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @madchef,

Can I ask, where did you purchase 1Password for Mac from?

If you purchased the Agile Web Store (AWS) version, the one we sell directly from our store then as of 1Password 5 it can no longer sync using iCloud. The reason is that when Apple released the new version of iCloud, which is Yosemite and iOS 8 only, the started enforcing restrictions on what applications could access iCloud related frameworks. One of these frameworks is called CloudKit and it's the iCloud sync framework which we use. This means iCloud Sync is now limited to 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Mac (MAS) where MAS is Apple's Mac App Store (MAS). As I mentioned about iCloud changed which also means that for technical reasons 1Password 5 can only sync using iCloud with other copies of 1Password 5 and not 1Password 4.

Does any of this explain what you're seeing at all?

• madchef
    madchef
    Community Member
    Options

I believe I have version 5 from the app store, so that wouldn't fit here. Is there a way to confirm this?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You can tell which version you are running and where it came from from the 1Password 5 menu. Select the About 1Password option at the top of the list, and a screen will appear that shows that information.

• madchef
    madchef
    Community Member
    Options

I just confirmed - it is from app store version 5

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You may well find something helpful in this knowledge base article about troubleshooting iCloud sync.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @madchef,

After you've read the article Stephen_C linked you to please let us know how you get along.

This discussion has been closed.