How good is the security/encryption of my information?

arthur2015
arthur2015
Community Member

New to the program, but havent seen any mention of how strong the encryption is of my information..can anyone shed any light on this? Also, another popular password app had a feature where if after 5 attempts at entering the master password failed, the program wiped all the passwords. I like that feature..anything similar in this program?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You can read everything you ever wanted to know about security and 1P :) here in the security knowledge base. I think you'll find not only the articles reassuring but also the transparency with which matters are laid out by AgileBits. (I don't work for AgileBits by the way but am merely a volunteer here.)

1P will not wipe your password database after any number of attempts to guess the master password. I appreciate you may consider the feature useful, although there are other forum users who would not be so keen on it.

Stephen

• arthur2015
    arthur2015
    Community Member

Thank You Stephen for your quick reply. I really like the user interface of this app, and I'm sure the security is as solid. Much appreciated.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@arthur2015, I'm glad Stephen's response was helpful! It's good that you're thinking strongly about the security of your data. Our security knowledge base has a lot of great information, but please let us know if you have more questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.