New iPhone; can't get 1Password to connect to Dropbox Vault

squirrelfocus
squirrelfocus
Community Member

I'm getting an error when I try to set up my 1Password app on my iPhone 5s. I'm an existing user of 1Password, so I'm trying to use the Dropbox vault I use on my other devices, but I get an error: "dropbox.com error 404." How do I get my new phone to sync so I have access to my passwords?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited July 2014

Hi @squirrelfocus,

First of all, could you please restart your iPhone and then try setting up sync again? It may just be a temporary error connecting to Dropbox.

If that doesn't help, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your iPhone, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

• whittyjs
    whittyjs
    Community Member

Hi,
    I'm having the same problem setting up my Mother in law. Set up their Mac fine, then tried doing it on the iPhone 5C, select syncing to the vault in Dropbox, gives me the same error message as above. I've restarted the iPhone. Do I just email you the details requested above?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

@whittyjs - It won't hurt to send that information to the address given in @JasperP's July directions. Just to be clear, though, I'm not an AgileBits employee, so I am not sure that you'll get the same advice as was already given.

If you do send that information and the diagnostics report, you'll get an automated reply that includes a support ticket number. It would help if you were to post that number back here when you receive it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @whittyjs,

The 404 error from Dropbox indicates a problem communicating with their servers. In most cases, it's temporary and should start working again soon. If not, try checking the Dropbox app (if it's installed) as well as the Dropbox.com website in Safari on the iPhone. Do they have any trouble?

If you're still having a problem getting Dropbox sync to work, you can certainly send us a diagnostics report if you'd like, or let us know by replying to this discussion and we'll take it from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.