Licenses - Have Mac, buying windows

Seeker
Seeker
Community Member

I have 1Password Mac from you folks. When I go to upgrade, it offers Mac/Windows bundle, Windows, and Knox.

Of the first two, which do I buy? I want to use both Mac and Windows going forward. Does buying Windows NEGATE my Mac license, or will I have both? I ask because the Mac/Windows bundle is offered, which suggests that is how I keep both (but it COULD mean I'd have 2 Mac, 1 Windows, which I do not need)

Oh, and yes, I have to buy a pro license for my ipad, but that's another topic.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Send an email message to support+licenses@agilebits.com. Include the email address you used for your Mac license and your full name as you gave it when you bought it. Add a link to this thread. Tell them you're interested in adding a Windows license. They'll fix you up with a discounted price for Windows that should bring you to a total outlay of about what the bundle price would have been.

You'll get an automated reply to your message with a support ticket number. It might speed things along if you post that ticket number back here.

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

Thanks, but that didn't really answer my question. Here's something below from Jan 30 that I thought answered my question. I'm being offered a discounted price already, one price for windows, and another price for mac/windows.

I was about to purchase (windows only), but I'm again unsure, as your reply suggests a possible problem if I do that.

jabinthaijabinthai ✭
    30 Jan 2015 #9

I have a variation on this topic. I already have a Mac license and want to add a windows license. When I put my license code in to see my upgrade options it gives me three choices: a mac+windows bundle, a windows only for $10 less, and KNOX. If I get the windows only, is it adding a windows license to my Mac, or changing it from Mac to windows? I am not sure because I am not sure what a Mac+Windows upgrade will do, give me two Mac license, and one windows, or just add the windows to my existing Mac? Then why $10 more than windows only...? Thanks for any insight.
    bwoodruffbwoodruff

Team Member
    30 Jan 2015 #10
    ...edited...

In all cases the new license is an addition to your existing license (we don't remove the existing license).

I hope that helps clarify.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

So, you already had the answer to your question then. Sorry I misunderstood. Buy the discounted Windows license.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

This has been brought up before, and I agree that it's a little confusing.
    @SaraMinisterOfMagic any comment?

• Hi folks,

@Seeker quoted one of my earlier posts where I stated:

In all cases the new license is an addition to your existing license (we don't remove the existing license).

Is there still confusion after reading that statement? If so could you please elaborate on where the confusion lies?

Thanks.

Ben

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@bwoodruff, it would be useful to have that statement on the upgrade licensing page somewhere. It is not reasonable to expect people to search the forums for a post that may or may not be there in order to understand the terms of a purchase.

Maybe add section dealing with it to https://agilebits.com/home/licenses and display it more prominently when someone selects the upgrade option in the store.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@RichardPayne, that's a good point, and something I've brought up before internally - I agree this could be made clearer on our site. We're working on improvements to our web site, so hopefully that will include clarification about upgrades & licenses. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Community Member

@bwoodruff - your statement was quite clear. I started this thread before I found that. hawkmoths statement didn't seem to match that (though reading it carefully I can extract the same conclusion) - so that's where the confusion still lay.

i think the rest of the statements elucidate my thought - i had to go searching to find the answer, vs. knowing it from the offers page.

• your statement was quite clear. I started this thread before I found that. hawkmoths statement didn't seem to match that (though reading it carefully I can extract the same conclusion) - so that's where the confusion still lay.

Okay, great, thanks. Just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page now.

i think the rest of the statements elucidate my thought - i had to go searching to find the answer, vs. knowing it from the offers page.

As @Drew_AG mentioned we're in the process of updating our website, so hopefully some clear language such as my quote above can be included regarding upgrade licenses.

This discussion has been closed.