How do I get a license for both Windows & Android?

johnfolsom
johnfolsom
Community Member

I need to buy 1Password for one user that accesses 3 different devices.
• PC running Windows 7
• Dell Venue 8 pro tablet running windows 8.1
• Android smart phone
Do I buy one Windows license and one Android license? Is there a bundle for this?

Comments

• Hey @johnfolsom. Thanks for your interest in 1Password! :)

We charge per platform, so you'll need two separate purchases; one for Android and one for Windows. 1Password 4 for Android's Premium features are available via an in-app purchase. The in-app purchase is handled directly through the Play Store and is linked to your Google account. The Windows license is a separate purchase and is available through our webstore. Once you purchase a Windows license, you'll be able to use it on all of your Windows devices. Likewise, you'll be able to restore the Premium feature on other Androids, provided they are linked to the same Google account.

With that being said, unfortunately because of how the Play Store is designed, we are not able to bundle the premium features on Android with 1Password on other platforms.

I hope that clarifies things a bit. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

• Lee37
    Lee37
    Community Member

Why can't you buy a lisc on the agile bits site and have it be a bundle lisc to use for both platforms. This stinks. Guess it's great for you guys cause you get to charge double for the same cu$tomer.

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member

@Lee37 Why can't they? Because when you purchase an Android app from the Google Play, it's linked to your Google Account, there are no license numbers or anything else. Everything is handled by Google and you can't avoid it if you're a developper and want your app on the Google Play. The only exception being some developpers who sell non Google Play versions of their apps (on their own websites) but this is very rare.

• Lee37
    Lee37
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

Thanks @J.M

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Actually, they could distribute it free and then have the app talk to a licensing server to upgrade to the pro feature set.

That said, the price for the mobile apps is hardly exhorbitant.

• eltel
    eltel
    Community Member

"...that said, the price for the mobile apps is hardly exhorbitant..." It is if you've got an Intel powered Android device and paid for the app only to find that after nearly 7 months it doesn't work which renders sync between your other licensed and paid for 1PW products useless and therefore unusable. because Agilebits couldn't give a stuff about fixing it. Witness the bland replies here https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/28217/1password-crashes-during-sync-on-devices-using-an-intel-processor/p1

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

It is if you've got an Intel powered Android device and paid for the app only to find that after nearly 7 months it doesn't work which renders sync between your other licensed and paid for 1PW products useless and therefore unusable.

Which is utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand.

because Agilebits couldn't give a stuff about fixing it. Witness the bland replies here

Firstly, the bland replies are a symptom of Agilebits' policy of not saying anything unless they're sure that what they're saying is true. Unfortunately it does sometimes come across as lack of interest.

Second, finding a fault that is hardware specific, intermittent and located in another company's code is a complete pain in the arse; and that's assuming that the other company is playing ball. If they aren't being co-operative then it's a nightmare.

• While we may consider expanding beyond the Google Play Store in the future, for the present, 1Password 4 for Android is exclusively handled through Google and linked to a Google account. This makes transferring the license to a different platform impossible as it currently stands. I apologize for the inconvenience.

However, we do indeed charge significantly less for licenses for mobile devices, so that the Android and iOS licenses are far less than double a Mac or Windows license. :)

That said, we do apologize for Intel processor sync crash issue. We offer a free 30 day trial to all customers who use 1Password 4 for Android, so that they can test it out on their devices and see if it works for them.

This discussion has been closed.