Can't Add upgrade to cart.

Options
jsuhre
jsuhre
Community Member

Hi I have a 1Password family bundle for the 4.x version and I'd like to purchase an upgrade to the 5.x version. When I go to the store and provide my current license I get a screen telling me that I have one possible upgrade, which is great! The issue is that the "select" button (on all products listed) is disabled so I'm not able to add them to my cart in order to complete a purchase!

Please Help!

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jsuhre,

Sorry for the confusion about that, but I have some good news for you - 1Password 5 for Mac is a free upgrade from 1Password 4, so you don't need to purchase anything, you already have a license for version 5! :)

The reason those "Select" buttons are grayed out is that you already have licenses for 1Password 5 for Mac and 1Password 4 for Windows, which are the latest versions. The "1 possible upgrade" referred to in the message at the top is for Knox (it's not shown in your screenshot, but would normally appear right below 1Password 5 for Mac). Knox is a different product, so it's not actually an upgrade to 1Password, but your existing license for 1Password gives you an "upgrade discount" on a license for Knox, if you decide to buy it.

This is certainly something we should make clearer on our site, and I apologize again for the confusion. If you need anything else, please let us know, we're always glad to help!

• skippy_
    skippy_
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I also purchased that family license and I'm running into this problem, as well. Please clarify the wording on the cart to explain the grayed out Select buttons, or better yet, have 1P4 tell you that 1P5 is a free upgrade when you check for updates—at least in the cart after you enter your license number! The big question is, do I use my license for 1P 4 (I'm guessing not, and that I need a new one for 1P5), and once I have that, how come when I click on License in the Mac version (haven't messed with this on Windows) does it take me to a search of the files of my computer, rather than present me with a pop-up to paste in a license? I initially installed 1P4 on a new computer, installed a browser extension, and somehow along the way installed 1P5 and it's been using the trial. Now that my trial expired and I realized what has happened, when I go to revert to 1P4 and relink to my vault, it gives me a warning about merging. I don't want to lose anything due to backwards incompatibility. Please advise.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skippy_,

Your existing 1Password 4 licence is valid for 1Password 5 with no renewal required. We have two different licensing schemes in play at the moment. 1Password 4 for Windows uses a licence key like the older 1Password 3 for Mac used to. When we rewrote 1Password 4 from scratch we moved to a licence file.

Now I notice you have a gmail account so I wonder if the following applies to you at all.

In your case I'd try simply reapply your existing licence file. If you don't have the original email or licence file then you can request it to be resent via this page.

For 1Password 4/5 you will need to download your licence file from a link in the email and it should look a little like this. Actually as a bundle customer yours might look a little different but hopefully it gives you an idea.

1Password 5 for Mac

Name: littlebobbytables

Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads

Register: With 1Password downloaded, click here to automatically add your license

Notes:

No link? Link not working? View the complete installation steps.

Obviously I've stripped out the last two links as those are unique to the licensee. If you're viewing the email from within googlemail at all you may very well find the second URL is stripped out - thank you gmail :\

The second or third link though should allow you to download your licence file so while we haven't attached the licence file, the information needed to obtain it should be contained within.

If you're still having troubles post back here and we can look into it more for you.

If you still wish to revert to 1Password 4 we can help but you definitely have a valid licence for 1Password 5 and we are working on sorting out that confusion.

• skippy_
    skippy_
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, sorry, but that looks nothing like the email I received with my purchase/license, and I do not have an active link to automatically fill my license in, even though there is text in the email that says it will do such a thing. When I install via your directions, 1P5 installs as an expired trial.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skippy_,

Do you see this text in the email?

Register: With 1Password downloaded, click here to automatically add your license

yet unlike when I posted before there is no link on that line, is that correct? That would be the impact of viewing the email in gmail as I indicated.

You should still have the following link though, even if you're viewing the email in gmail.

No link? Link not working? View the complete installation steps.

That should take you to a page on our website where you can see a download link for your licence file along with further instructions on how to install it.

Are you saying you don't have that at all in the email?

• skippy_
    skippy_
    Community Member
    Options

The screengrabs you're showing me do not match the wording or format of my email in any way.

• skippy_
    skippy_
    Community Member
    Options

At this point, I'd appreciate it if you'd just email me so we can sort this out.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skippy_,

Please forward the licence email you received from us to support+licenses@agilebits.com along with a link to this thread please, feel free to mention my forum username. Once you've done that it could help further matters along if you were to post the ticket ID here. Hopefully once we see what you're seeing we can better understand the confusion.

• skippy_
    skippy_
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! The support ID is [#ZLL-13349-957].

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @skippy_,

Received your email and we will handle things via email now. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.