Import iPad database to iPhone4

1P of iPhone is asking for unlock Pin ...
Hi,

I used 1P Pro on my iPad first and build the password database.

Now I have an iPhone4 and want to import the iPad data using the restore function on the iPhone.
I uploaded the iPad 1P database to Mac with the 1P backup function and wanted to restore the same file on the iPhone4 ....both devices using 1password pro)

1P pro on the iPhone4 is asking for an unlock pin (4 digits), but the iPad 1P pro version does not require an unlock pin.

What do I need to do to unlock the data on my iPhone?

Thanks in advance

Sven

Comments

• Hello, Sven, and welcome to the forums!

In order to restore a backup from your iPad to your iPhone, you'll need to change your master password on your iPad to a 4-digit number first. Then, make a new backup and restore it to your iPhone, and you'll be able to unlock the backup with the same 4-digit number, which will be both the unlock code and the master password.

The best solution, of course, is to set up automatic syncing via Dropbox.
  • Thanks Rob,

I changed the password and the iPhone 1P app accepted the iPad database but it does not show one single item.
    See screenshot.

Sven

PS: I am running 1 Password Pro 3.5.4 on the iPad and iPhone 4.
  • rob
    rob
    edited January 2011
    Hi, Sven. Please try closing and relaunching 1Password. Your items should then be shown.

Let me know how it turns out.

Edit: Actually, you'll need to completely quit 1Password, and then relaunch, as described here.
  • Hi Rob,
    nothing changed.Still no items.

Sven
  • Hi, Sven. Are you sure that you completely quit 1Password first? It is a known issue that restoring from a backup shows a blank screen to begin with, but a full relaunch displays the data.
This discussion has been closed.