Mac 1Password does not sync with iCloud

Reventon
Reventon
Community Member

I found that my mac doesnt sync properly with the icloud data so i signed out the icloud and re login on my mac, but this dialog keep popped out.

I am unable to sync with iCloud now. What should i do to fix this ? Whenever i click on the Start Syncing it just wont sync.
Thank you

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Reventon,

I think we're going to need a little more information to help.

1. What version of OS X and 1Password are you running?
    2. Do you own a machine or device running Yosemite or iOS 8 and have you been prompted to upgrade to iCloud Drive?
    3. If you have did you upgrade?

Once we have those details we'll be in a better position to assist :smile:

• Reventon
    Reventon
    Community Member
    1. 1Password Version 4.4.2 (442010) Mac App Store & Mac OS X 10.9.3
    2. I am using iOS 8 1Password and sync with iCloud ( iPhone 6+ )
  • Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I suspect a glance through the AgileBits iCloud FAQ will explain things. (I'm thinking your phone is probably using iCloud Drive and your Mac isn't...and can't.)

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Reventon,

@Stephen_C has hit the nail on the head as the phrase goes. Unfortunately iCloud changed drastically when they released iOS 8 and Yosemite. 1Password 5 makes use of the new frameworks in iCloud Drive which are incompatible with the older version of iCloud. It means iCloud Sync is limited to either 1Password 5 being run everywhere or 1Password 4 being run everywhere - you can't mix the two with iCloud Sync.

The FAQ Stephen_C linked you to will help answer some questions but basically your best bet is to consider Dropbox or Wi-Fi Sync. Both of those will work across the different versions.

If you have any questions or we can assist with this please do post :smile:

This discussion has been closed.