Keyboard not working on Fire HDX

Wacko42
Wacko42
Community Member
edited March 2015 in Android

I have tried to enable the 1password keyboard on my Fire HDX tablet, but it immediately disables itself everytime. This has happened with betas 10 and 11 with Fire OS 4.5.2 and 4.5.3.

I realize Fire OS is very different from any other Android version so if it just won't work that's fine. Just wanted to see if it was just me.

Comments

• saad
    edited March 2015

As you may already know, this release of 1Password is designed for the Android operating system and we have not tested it on Kindle devices with Fire OS. I will leave this thread open to see if any other users on Kindle devices see a similar issue, and if there are any workaround! Thank you for sharing your experience with filling on the Kindle Fire HDX.

• rik0
    rik0
    Community Member

Same thing on the fire phone. The app works, the keyboard does not.

• We hear you @rik0. If we are to look into a separate release for Kindle devices, we will need to review our keyboard and 1Password' filling service implementation to support Fire OS. Thanks for sharing your findings.

• 6sp
    6sp
    Community Member

Same problem here. Fire HDX 8.9, FireOS 4.5.5, 1Password 4.5.2

• This is one of the areas where it looks like FireOS behaves different from Android OS. Thanks for letting us know you are seeing this issue on your device too.

This discussion has been closed.