Dropbox sync?

Charlie Fox
Charlie Fox
Community Member

Currently synced to internal folder. How do I change to Dropbox sync? regards - Baffled.

Comments

• Hey @Charlie Fox‌,

To setup Dropbox syncing all you need to do is tap Settings > Sync, then turn on the Sync toggle.

Cheers!

• Charlie Fox
    Charlie Fox
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply Greig but the problem is there seems to be no way to alter the sync settings from 'Local Storage' to 'Dropbox' once set. I get this screen. How do I switch from Local to Dropbox storage?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Have you tried turning it off and on again (Dropbox sync that is)?

• Hi Charlie. I'm sorry for the confusion. Currently, 1Password does not allow the ability to reconfigure sync once it has been set up. This is something our team is looking into bringing in a future release. If you would like to change your sync method, you will need to reset all of 1Password's application data and then set the new data location. I'm providing you with the instructions to accomplish this below. Please remember that this will remove all of your data on your Android device, so please make sure to securely copy any new items you added on Android that have not synced over.

• Go into your device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data"

You can now launch 1Password on your Android device and set up the new sync method. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Charlie Fox
    Charlie Fox
    Community Member

Ok thanks Saad - I thought I was going crazy (or just plain stupid).

• Charlie Fox
    Charlie Fox
    Community Member

Just for the record, the only way I could get it to sync with Dropbox was to plug phone (Nexus 5) into a PC - drag the 1Password.agilekeychain folder from the phone onto the PC desktop - fire up dropbox.com from the browser and then upload to Dropbox. Then did 'Clear Data' on the phone, chose Dropbox as the sync method and it found the 1Password.agilekeychain and finally synced.

• You're very welcome. I'm happy to hear Dropbox sync is now working for you.

• saad
    edited September 2014

You should be able to directly create your vault in Dropbox using 1Password for Android. I'm not sure why you were not able to do that on your device. :( Let me know if you run into any problems.

• d14racer24
    d14racer24
    Community Member

@saad Does clearing the data remove any previously saved vaults on the Android device? I have already cleared the data on my phone, but now I can't seem to find the vault which was saved locally, so I can set up Dropbox. Any help is appreciated.

• Hi @d14racer24. Welcome to the forums! :)

Unfortunately, clearing app data does indeed remove all app related data on the phone. If you cleared app data, and your vault was only saved locally, then unfortunately there is no way to move your vault to Dropbox.

If you have a copy of your 1Password vault saved anywhere, let me know and I can help you move it to Dropbox. Otherwise, I recommend looking into an Android recovery tool which will allow you to recover your deleted .agilekeychain folder.

Once you've recovered the .agilekeychain, please verify that you can still sync to it with local storage. Then please let me know so I can help you to transfer it to Dropbox!

I'm sorry that I don't have an easier solution for you! :( Let me know if you have further questions.

This discussion has been closed.