4.2b11 missing details

AgBitSpring
AgBitSpring
Community Member

I had to reinstall my 1password for Android Beta software after doing a factory reset on my tablet. I reinstalled it using the link in the most recent newsletter. Now, some of my passwords won't open and some others just open a blank page. In the list of passwords, the ones that won't open no longer have a user name showing up in the list view. The full details are still in Dropbox, though. Is there a way I can get it all working smoothly?

Comments

• Hey @AgBitSpring. Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'll be happy to help you get 1Password up and running properly on your Android. :)

You mentioned that the details are intact in Dropbox--Did you check your vault out using 1PasswordAnywhere? If not, please do so. Log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser. Locate the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and open the 1Password.html file you find inside. After logging in with your master password.

If you notice any problems in Dropbox using 1PasswordAnywhere, stop here and reply to me. If you've verified that your vault is intact however, please clear your 1Password app data on your Android and reset sync to Dropbox. This will remove all of your data on your Android device, so please make sure to securely copy any new items you added on Android that have not synced over.

• Go into your device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data"

You can now launch 1Password on your Android device and set up the new location. Please let me know if that does the trick!

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

Hi Peri

I've done as you said but still have the issue. Some entries just won't open on the tablet but they will in Dropbox. When I check (in 1Password Everywhere) a record that won't open on the tablet, I can see the password just fine but the entry has 'falsefalsefalsefalsefalse' written at the top of it.

• Thanks for the update! I'm sorry to hear that that didn't do the trick. :(

Are you syncing with any other devices? If so, please let me know what devices and what OS they run. Thanks!

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

Hi Peri,

I also use 1password on my iMac at home (latest iOS) and on my iMac at another property (Version 10.10.2 14C109)

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

Oh, and an iPhone 4S

• Thanks again for the update. Let's see if recreating the .agilekeychain in Dropbox and then reconfiguring sync does the trick.

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 5 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle Dropbox to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 5 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and rename any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of to .agilekeychain_backup.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync.

Once you've done that, open 1Password 4 for Android. You may have to clear app data again to reconfigure sync to the new location.

Please let me know if that does the trick!

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

Hi Peri Given I have 1password on 2 Macs in 2 different places, is there a sequence I should follow before it will work on my tablet again? I won't have access to all the devices for a few days. I have 3 out of 4 of them available right now.

• Hey @AgBitSpring. Sorry for being unclear. You'll only need to do this process on one Mac. The changes should sync across to the others once you reestablish Dropbox sync.

Let me know how it goes!

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

Thanks I'll give it a go later this morning and get back to you.

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

OK I've got to the bit where I'm trying to re enable Dropbox sync on my iPhone and I'm getting a message saying the data on the phone is different to that on Dropbox and I should not merge them. Have I missed a step somewhere?

• Please check out the following guide:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/vault-mismatch

Basically, the iOS app should tell you how similar the vaults are. If they're highly similar, go ahead and merge. If not, it's likely that either the iOS or the Mac was not syncing properly for a little while, so that many changes were made which have not synced over. Please let me know how similar the vaults are.

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

Thanks Sorry to be a bit slow on the uptake ;) They seem similar so I've merged the two vaults. I'll let you know if it fixes the android issue when the sync finishes.

• No worries at all. You're hesitation is totally warranted. :) Please do let me know how it goes!

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

Hi Peri, Well, after all that, the problem remains. Some items that open perfectly on iOS and Mac won't open at all on the Android.

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

Good news!!! Its hissy fit is over!!!!! Thanks for your patience and help.

• Hey @AgBitSpring! It sounds like you've managed to solve the problem, correct? I'm curious as to what finally did the trick.

If so, yay! I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve that issue. :) Let us know if you have further troubles. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.