I am in trouble it seems

mikeact
mikeact
Community Member

All I want to do is hookup Passport to my HTC One phone and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
I currently have Passport on my Note, loaded up with over 300+ details which I am frightened to lose, so, what I have done so far is the following.
I totally deleted Dropbox on both devices, and set them up again with the same new Email address. Both Dropbox show your 'agilekeychain'
I have downloaded Passport again from the Playstore onto my phone.
I then tried to sync my tablet to Dropbox, which said it had done, not that I can see anything in Dropbox.
I then tried to sync my phone expecting to see all my Passport data on my phone. 'Sync completed, no downloads found'
My question is, now what ?

Comments

• Hi @mikeact. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your support of 1Password. I'll be happy to help you get things sorted out with regards to syncing your Android devices. :)

Can you confirm that your 1Password vault is still intact on your Note? If so, I'd like you to verify whether your data is intact in Dropbox using 1PasswordAnywhere. Here's how:

• Open https://www.dropbox.com/ in a web browser
    • Locate your .agilekeychain folder and open it
    • Click the 1Password.html file inside the .agilekeychain folder

Does your 1Password data appear to be complete there?

• mikeact
    mikeact
    Community Member

Followed the above, thanks, and tried to login, but received the following,

• Thanks for the update! From the screenshot, it looks like you may have originally set up 1Password 4 on your Note to sync to local storage, rather than to Dropbox. Just to be clear, you do still have all of your data on your Note, correct?

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android devices:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#and4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• mikeact
    mikeact
    Community Member

Thanks, sent a few minutes ago !

• Thanks @mikeact! I've received them and I'm looking into it now. :)

• mikeact
    mikeact
    Community Member

Now that I am set up, I still have a few questions please.
    Can I add more 'bespoke' categories of my own? If so, how ?
    Can I amend a category description to one of my own ?
    How can I move items around, eg from one category to another ?
    Thanks.

• We have several predefined categories built into 1Password across different platforms. It's not currently possible to create a custom user-defined category, but from my understanding of what you are wanting to accomplish, I think using the folders feature would be best. Folders allow you to organize your items into specific groups. You can create a custom named folder and put any items you choose in that folder so you can later access specific group of items much quicker.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions about folders.

• mikeact
    mikeact
    Community Member

Hello again...in trouble once more. Just bought a new HTC phone. Hooked it up to my Dropbox account, installed 1passport, but can't find the vault. Looking in Dropbox the 1Password.html folder is there, but shows empty. How do I reinstall the 'agilekeychain folder' part, and why has it disappeared ?! Thanks again.

• mikeact
    mikeact
    Community Member

Just a little more info...I just added an item into dropbox on my PC, and my tablet synced fine with it but not my new phone ? I guess something simple to do with the phone ? HTC One M8.

• mikeact
    mikeact
    Community Member

my phone just say, vault not found. after i click on 1Password.

• mikeact
    mikeact
    Community Member

I can sync back and forth with my tablet but still not the phone.

• Hi again, @mikeact. :) Let's see what we can do about this.

Open https://www.dropbox.com/ in a web browser. Do you have more than one .agilekeychain folder?

This discussion has been closed.