Virus scanner problem with 4.2b12

AgBitSpring
AgBitSpring
Community Member

Avast Virus scanner reported an issue when I installed the latest update.

'Suspicious file detected - CloudReputation [Susp]

Should I select 'ignore it'?

Comments

• Hey there. Can you verify whether you saw this message when you attempted to install 4.2b12, or after you installed when you ran 1Password for the first time?

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

I'm not certain. The scanner automatically scans new installations so I'm guessing it was on the install but it may have been after I logged in. Sorry I can't be certain.

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

OK I know now. I Uninstaller and reinstalled but didn't open the app and the virus message noted the issue straight away on the install.

• Hmm..That's strange. One more question--I assume you installed the app from the newsletter, correct?

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

Yep, I went back to the newsletter which took me to the page with the installation files and I ďownloaded the latest one.

• I'm not sure why you're getting that error. I installed Avast and then installed the latest beta APK and Avast didn't turn up any errors. My colleague also tested this out on his device.

Given that you have your vault saved in Dropbox, you might want to uninstall 1Password altogether, and then reinstall it from the link in the most recent newsletter. Let me know how that goes!

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

Yeay! That looks as if it's done the trick. Thanks so much, Peri.

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member

BTW, I installed it using the Avast installer this time - I don't know if that made any difference but it all went smoothly so that's good.

• Ah, that might have something to do with it. When I tested it out, I used the Avast installer as well. At any rate, I'm glad to hear reinstalling did the trick!

It seems as though you're all sorted out for the time being. :) Yay! Please let us know if you need any more help in the future. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.