Feature Request: iOS Password Generator

Allow longer and more complex passwords to be generated by 1P for iOS
I just purchased both the Windows and iPhone/iPad versions of 1Password. I noticed that the auto-generation of passwords on the iPhone only supports 20 (!) characters. I'd like to see this increased to at least 64 as there are several sites which I use this size password.

I'd also like to be able to search in the folders view...

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited January 2011
    Hello, Chris, and welcome to the forums!

That's an interesting idea, but for most users, 20 characters is sufficient for a strong password. If we increased the slider to go all the way to 64, users would only have a third of the space now available to determine the number of characters they want in their password. That would make the generator hard to use precisely with your finger.
  • RobYoder wrote:

Hello, Chris, and welcome to the forums!

That's an interesting idea, but for most users, 20 characters is sufficient for a strong password. If we increased the slider to go all the way to 64, users would only have a third of the space now available to determine the number of characters they want in their password. That would make the generator hard to use precisely with your finger.

Or you could move from a slider to a dial based number selection indicating the # of digits which would be more flexible and precise.

• Or you could move from a slider to a dial based number selection indicating the # of digits which would be more flexible and precise.

And with dials you could turn the rather sparse generation screen into a more flexible option similar to the desktop app allowing for a digits and symbols dial...
  • I'll pass this on. I like the idea, but I have never actually generated a password on my iPod except for testing.

Thanks for the feedback, Chris!
This discussion has been closed.