How many items inside 1Password?

luke1970
luke1970
Community Member
Morning, :)

I use 1Password Pro 3.5.4 here and I have a question:
Where can I see, how many items are in the Database? I missing this notification.

Greetings, Bernd

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    luke1970 wrote:

Morning, :)

I use 1Password Pro 3.5.4 here and I have a question:
    Where can I see, how many items are in the Database? I missing this notification.

Greetings, Bernd

1P (menubar) > view > show item counts. I think that's what you are looking for.
  • luke1970
    luke1970
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

1P (menubar) > view > show item counts. I think that's what you are looking for.

On iPhone?
    I think, you mean the Mac version of 1Password.
    But I mean 1Password Pro on iPhone. :)
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited January 2011
    Boy you got me on that one. :) I cant find a setting for it on the iPhone. Thats what happens when build between apps get close in number and you do a quick read sorry about that. ;)
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    In the iPhone version of 1P an item count for each vault type (Logins, Accounts, Waller, Notes, Software) is displayed at the bottom of the corresponding screen. I don't know of any way to display the combined total, like in the desktop version.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    sjk wrote:

In the iPhone version of 1P an item count for each vault type (Logins, Accounts, Waller, Notes, Software) is displayed at the bottom of the corresponding screen. I don't know of any way to display the combined total, like in the desktop version.

thanks sjk I knew that... :lol: but never used it and your post jogged my memory. I must be getting cob webs up there.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    It works similarly in others iOS apps, e.g. Contacts… which has the All Contacts group that displays the overall item count total that I like to compare with the count of the same group in the OS X Address Book app as basic assurance that synching hasn't gone awry. :)
  • luke1970
    luke1970
    Community Member
    I wish me an overview with all data.
    For all I care in Settings->About.
  • m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    sjk wrote:

In the iPhone version of 1P an item count for each vault type (Logins, Accounts, Waller, Notes, Software) is displayed at the bottom of the corresponding screen.

Hi sjk - I wish the count would be on the header line for each category. So instead of saying just "Accounts" for example, it could say "Accounts (xxx)"

Cheers
    Michael
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    m w wrote:

I wish the count would be on the header line for each category.

Yup, obviously that would be more convenient than scrolling to check it but I can be satisfied with how it's currently possible.

For comparison, item counts are displayed after each type (including an All Types total) on the type selection screen of the SplashID for iOS app:

filter.gif

That's a convenient overview rather than having to explicitly check each type; looks similar to Vault types with items counts enabled in the 1P desktop app.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited January 2011
    sjk wrote:

filter.gif.

I like how this looks not sure how I would like it implemented ... scratches head thinking hard, not like I have any creative decision making that is.
  • m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

I like how this looks not sure how I would like it implemented ... scratches head thinking hard, not like I have any creative decision making that is.

I like this as well :-)

The closest view I can find in 1Password on my iPod is "Folders". All that's missing are the total counts next to each folder name and the grand total could be in the header next to "Folders". Ok, it won't tell you the numbers of all records unless you have put each record into a folder but it shouldn't be too difficult to add the totals...
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I will file this a feature request. Thanks for the feedback, everyone! :-)
This discussion has been closed.