Fields Missing between and Mac and PC Items

I am in the process of testing the demo versions of 1Password for Mac, iOS and PC. I created a Password item on my MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.2 and the latest version of 1Password. Then I let the data sync through dropbox to my iOS device and Windows PC.

The sync between the Mac and iOS works perfectly. The sync between the Mac and PC didn't go as well The password and notes fields transferred okay from the Mac to the PC, however the two other text fields that I created did not show up on the PC version. The Windows 1Password version is the latest and the PC is running on Windows 7 SP1.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• Hi @swonser,

The password and notes fields transferred okay from the Mac to the PC, however the two other text fields that I created did not show up on the PC version.

What other text fields are you referring to, are these custom text fields you've created in 1Password for Mac? If so, which item type is this, is this a Secure Note item?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@MikeT I think they are custom fields since @swonser says he "created" them.

• I still have to ask to make sure we're on the same page, some people call things differently. We'll see what he says.

• swonser
    swonser
    Community Member

On the Mac I selected a "Password" item. It has a field for the title and password. There are also optional fields. They are "Section", which I changed to "Computers" and "label", which I changed to "Desktop" and "new field" which I changed to the name of the computer that goes with the password. There is also a "notes" field that I wrote some text into.

On the PC the password item shows up as a "Generated Password" type. The title, Password and Notes show up but the other fields are missing.

• Hi @swonser,

Thanks, that explains the issue. The current version of 1Password for Windows does not show the custom fields for Passwords items, it only supports showing the following: Title, URL, Password, Notes, and Tags. Note that we also have the same limitation for the Secure Note items, which only shows Title, Notes, and Tags.

If you put your custom field content in the Notes field for the Password item, did it then sync from Mac to Windows?

This discussion has been closed.