1Password doesn't do anything in Chrome 41 when clicking on the icon

This discussion was created from comments split from: OnePassword Chrome Extension.

Comments

• bcharlton
    bcharlton
    Community Member

Adding a 'me too' to this thread. I think the problems started with Chrome 41, but that could be a coincidence.

Clicking on the 1p chrome button had absolutely no effect, but ctrl-\ did - asking me to log in, then presenting the 1p menu, but without any of the credentials listed, regardless of which site I was on. I could then search for a password from there, and open it in a new window and that would supply the password correctly, but there seemed to be no way to submit credential to an existing tab.

I've unticked the code signature, and the chrome extension does now seem to be working.

1password 4.2.0548
    Chrome 41.0.2272.89 m
    1p chrome extension: 4.2.5.90

I've tried adding/removing the chrome extension, restarting, rebooting, etc...

• What anti-malware software and Chrome extensions are you using?

• bcharlton
    bcharlton
    Community Member

Just the 1password extension. I did have adblock installed, but I removed that as part of testing. AV is the corporate Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.2.1.23(a) - I did originally suspect this given previously reported Kaspersky problems, so I had it disabled briefly for a test. That didn't seem to make any difference.

• Hi @bcharlton,

Just to make sure this is correct based on what you said:

I've unticked the code signature, and the chrome extension does now seem to be working.

Everything is working properly as long as the code signature verification is turned off, right?

AV is the corporate Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.2.1.23(a)

Is this on a work PC? Do you notice it on home computers as well?

Do you have the power to manually install the latest update? The reason we ask is that Kaspersky released an update that should enable the compatibility with 1Password but we found that it works better if you install the latest update manually to overwrite the older installed application rather than using the auto-update mechanism.

This discussion has been closed.