Feature Request: Generated Passwords on iPad

sofakng
sofakng
Community Member
I've purchased 1Password for both the iPhone, iPad, and Windows but the iPad version doesn't show my generated passwords.

For example, in the Windows app, on the left, it shows "Generated Passwords". On the iPhone version it has a tab on the bottom called "Passwords".

I can't find anything on the iPad though. Also, I'm using the $14.99 universal iPhone/iPad app.

Can anybody please help me out?

Comments

• Hi, sofakng, and welcome to the forums!

At this time, Generated Passwords are not displayed in 1Password on the iPad. We plan to address this in a future update, but I'm not sure when that will be available.

Thanks for the report!
  • sofakng
    sofakng
    Community Member
    Darn. I did purchase 1Password for Windows and 1Password Pro the iPhone/iPad and I really am extremely happy except for that one missing feature so I hope it does get added in the future.

Anyways, thanks for the response!
  • Adrian B
    Adrian B
    Community Member
    I was missing my generated on my iPad as well, until I found this thread (of course, I'm still missing them :)). Would very much like to see them in the iPad app.

A related feature request of 1Password for Mac would be to easily create login items from generated passwords. Right click on a generated password an choose "Create login item" or something like that.
  • Adrian B wrote:

A related feature request of 1Password for Mac would be to easily create login items from generated passwords. Right click on a generated password an choose "Create login item" or something like that.

If you're creating these items from scratch, you can just create a new Login item and use the Generate button next to the password field to generate a strong new password. If that's not what you're doing, I'm curious why you would have a generated password and not a login item?
  • RobYoder wrote:

If you're creating these items from scratch, you can just create a new Login item and use the Generate button next to the password field to generate a strong new password. If that's not what you're doing, I'm curious why you would have a generated password and not a login item?

I am not seeing the generate password option when creating new items on the iPad, am I missing something? I am currently having to use another app to generate passwords.

I would like to see my generated passwords on the iPad that I created from my mac. I often use the password generate feature in firefox but I don't add a login item until I go back to the site a second time because they auto log me in when I create the account.

I use the generate password feature without creating a new item all the time when creating passwords I save into secure notes. For example I have a server with 25 mysql usernames I don't want to create a new item for each one so I create one secure note for the whole mysql server.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    At this time, the only way to access the Strong Password Generator on the iPad is by creating a new "Accounts" item. Tap the "Generate" button.

This will not create a Generated Password item on the iPad nor sync one to the other apps. It only generates the password in that one item. We plan to improve this in a future version.

I hope that helps a bit in the mean time. Please let me know how it turns out for you.
  • khad wrote:

At this time, the only way to access the Strong Password Generator on the iPad is by creating a new "Accounts" item. Tap the "Generate" button.

This will not create a Generated Password item on the iPad nor sync one to the other apps. It only generates the password in that one item. We plan to improve this in a future version.

I hope that helps a bit in the mean time. Please let me know how it turns out for you.

I see it now. I never tried to create a new accounts item in my iPad, I was trying to create a new login item.

I look forward to the updates.

Thank you.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I see it now. I never tried to create a new accounts item in my iPad, I was trying to create a new login item.

Yeah, unfortunately it is only available in "Accounts" items for the time being. Not the best, but I hope better than nothing until we whip it into shape. :-)

Cheers,
  • Intruth
    Intruth
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately it is only available in "Accounts" items for the time being. Not the best, but I hope better than nothing until we whip it into shape. :-)

Cheers,

Yes. it's a pain to do it that way and It usually crashes when I try. Please let's at least have the iPad working as well as the iPhone.
This discussion has been closed.