Chrome browser extension for 1password keeps dissapearing

Options

Hi can anyone help me

I keep losing my browser extension for Chrome. Its there and then when i get out of Chrome and go back in the extension is missing. I have to readd the extension three or four times a day soooo frustrating.

Michelle.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @appqueen,

This is usually an issue with Chrome, we can't control how extensions are installed or removed in Chrome.

Do you have Chrome Sync enabled? If yes, it is possible the sync is causing the issue. Try to disable the sync and see if 1Password will stick.

If not, can you tell me what version of Chrome you're using along with the specific versions of Windows, the 1Password application, and the 1Password extension you've tried to install into Chrome.

• appqueen
    appqueen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike thanks for your quick reply - looking for Chrome Sync. Where is it?

• appqueen
    appqueen
    Community Member
    Options

Ok turned off sync and still loose my extension all the time. Version of Chrome is 41.0.2272.89 m. Windows is Windows 7 Service pack 1 and using 1 password for Windows Version 4.2.0.548 and the extension is 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet - 1Password Extension for Google Chrome

Many thanks for your help. I am now going to see if IE is any better.

Michelle.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @appqueen,

In Chrome, click on the settings icon (hamburger three-line icon), select Settings and on the top of the page, it should say if you're signed in to use Chrome Sync or if it is not enabled, you'd get the option that says Sign in like this:

This discussion has been closed.