Problems with 1Password-Helper (again)

Hi guys

After not having too much trouble with the 1Password-Helper / Browser Extension lately it's now broken again.
It's pretty painful to see because this stuff has only began with the jump to version 4. Before that I never had problems with the browser extension.
So here is my setup, maybe it helps you sorting out the problem. (As i think a lot of people are having it...)

• Windows 8 (Up to date with system updates)
  • 1Password 4.2.0.548
  • AntiVirus: AdAware Free (Network protection not installed, only filescanner. Did also switch off active protection - no difference)
  • Browser: Mozilla Firefox 36.0.1 (Extension: it says: 1Password 4.2.5)
  • Firewall: Off
  • Proxy: No
  • Windows detecting LAN settings?: Switched off
  • Broadband Internet Connection
  • Agile1pAgent.exe is running (did also restart it several times)
  • netstat also tells me that the socket is awaiting connections. (127.0.0.1:6263) -> Successfully connecting to it using telnet.
  • Browser just goes: "Looking for the 1Password helper..."
  • I am running IPv4 and IPv6 here, in case that matters.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Matthias

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Please turn OFF this setting: Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature

• @Matthias Langhard Please let us know if this works for you or if even after disabling code signature verification, the extension still doesn't work as it's supposed to.
    If this is the case you might be running into a bug in Lavasoft's software that they're already in the process of fixing.
    You can read more about the situation in this thread.

• Matthias Langhard
    Matthias Langhard
    Community Member

Hi!
    Sorry I didn't mention. I played around with that setting as well. It did not change anything.
    I will have a look into the Ad Aware thing. (Uninstall it and see if that helps.)

Thank you
    Matthias

• Matthias Langhard
    Matthias Langhard
    Community Member

Hi again.

It sure was Ad Aware causing the problems. Sorry to blame you guys for it.

Cheers

• Hi @Matthias Langhard,

That is great news, thanks for letting us know that was the case. No need to apologize, we do understand the frustrations when our application doesn't work as you expect. We're actively trying to work with all anti-malware companies to ensure 1Password can remain compatible with their software.

This discussion has been closed.