Auto fill some android apps not working

dougmech
dougmech
Community Member

First - great job on designing and implementing 1Password. Very nice. I have used other password managers extensively in the past, and I have found 1Password to be the best. I really like having my data locally stored and I can back it up very conveniently.

I am using the beta versions of both windows and android and I notice and appreciate the steady progress and improvements you are making. Thanks!

One comment on android beta (apologies if this has been discussed before, but I could not find an existing thread). For most android apps and websites, auto fill works perfectly. However, for two sites that I use, it never works. They are: adding username does not work (password does work) to PNC Bank (both android app and all android browsers PNC website), and Fidelity Investments android app does not fill user name or password (however it does work with all android browsers). Hope that makes sense.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Doug

Comments

• saad
    edited March 2015

Hey Doug. Thank you so much for your support of 1Password! :) It looks like PNC Bank has a multiple page login: you need to enter your username and then tap a button to get to a new screen to enter the password. 1Password on Android does not support automatic filling for multiple page logins but you can use manual filling instead. To do this, tap and hold the 1Password icon, select the login item and then tap on Fill Username in the username field and Fill Password for the password field.

As for the Fidelity Investments application, could you send me the Play Store link to this application? I found several applications and want to make sure we test it with the correct one. Thanks!

• dougmech
    dougmech
    Community Member

Saad

How do I send a link to play store app? When I find Fidelity Investments in the play store there wasn't anything I could find to copy or forward to you.

Doug

• You can do a quick search for Fidelity Investments through https://play.google.com/store/apps and provide us with the direct link to the application. Thanks.

• Thanks @dougmech! I was able to perform automatic filling in the Fidelity Investments application without any issues. When login page is visible, does the 1Password icon glow blue in the keyboard for you?

• dougmech
    dougmech
    Community Member

Saad - I just checked it again with version 4.2b13 and it is still grey. Also grey for PNC bank username page. All other apps show blue and auto-fill. Is there another URL I need to add to those logins, or another way of storing those username and password fields for them to be recognized by 1Password as fill able fields? Hope that question made sense.

Thanks

• A login associated to Fidelity Investments's website is not required for 1Password's icon on the keyboard to glow blue. 1Password's icon will glow blue only when the accessibility service detects login fields. On my Nexus 5 with Android 5.0.1, I had no trouble in the Fidelity Investments application with 1Password detecting and automatically filling in the login information. For PNC Bank, the icon will not glow blue because 1Password does not support multi-page logins at this time. Could you tell us which device and Android OS you are experiencing this issue on?

I would also like you to force quit 1Password to see if that helps. To do so, go into the Settings app > Apps > 1Password > Force Stop. Launch 1Password and unlock your vault, then switch over to the Fidelity Investments application and tap on the 3 vertical dots on the top right to select Login. Let me know if the icon glows blue now!

• dougmech
    dougmech
    Community Member

Saad

Samsung Note 3 Android version 4.4.4

Tried your solution but I do not see 3 vertical dots on the keypad or the Fidelity app

Thanks

Doug

• dougmech
    dougmech
    Community Member

Saad - I took another look and I now know what 3 vertical dots you were referring to. They are on the Fidelity app and launch the login screen. The 1Password icon is still grey for the login screen

Doug

• If you are on the latest beta, could you send us a diagnostic report from your Android device? It will really help us get a better understanding of your Android environment and device settings. Please follow these instructions to create the report and we will take a look into it. Thanks!

• dougmech
    dougmech
    Community Member

Saad - I just read the email from Nik Lal regarding the 4.2 RC and read about the long press feature of the 1Password icon. That is working to enable me to login to both PNC ap and the Fidelity ap. Thanks for your help and apologies if I could have used this technique sooner. 4.2 beta is working great!

Thanks

Doug

• saad
    edited March 2015

I'm very happy to hear the newsletter was helpful! Long-pressing the 1Password icon will open the filling interface even if 1Password is not able to detect login fields. Thanks for updating us with your findings, I'm glad everything is working now.

This discussion has been closed.