1Password does not work in Chrome 41

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1password Chrome extension will not work.

Comments

• ToshiBeerends
    ToshiBeerends
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem, and have also tried everything what stays in the Knowledgebase and everything i can find on the web... I'll use Chrome version 41.0.2272.89, the newest 1P and the newest 1p extension. Antivirus: Microsoft Essentials.... I don't know what i can try now...

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @ToshiBeerends,

I'll use Chrome version 41.0.2272.89, the newest 1P and the newest 1p extension.

Please tell us the specific versions of 1Password and the 1Password extension, newest does not always mean newest from us.

To find the application version, open the main 1Password application, go to the Help Menu > About 1Password.

For extension, open Chrome, right-click on the 1Password icon to select Manage Extension, and it should then show you the version next to the 1Password extension.

Antivirus: Microsoft Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials has not caused any issues in the past for us.

Can you tell me if 1Password works okay in Internet Explorer?

Also, you click on the 1Password icon in Chrome and nothing happens, no unlock prompt?

• ToshiBeerends
    ToshiBeerends
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT ,
    1Password version: 4.2.1.BETA-552 Also tried 4.2.0.548 (same problem)
    1Password chrome extension version: 4.2.5.90 also tried the betaversion but i've still delete that one...

I tried IE, I can load passwords only by using the comikey ctrl+\, I don't know if this is normal, I never use IE.

In Mozilla Firefox and in safari it works fine, but I will use Chrome...

When I click on the icon in chrome there will not come a unlock prompt, only the message as people above telled:

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ToshiBeerends,

That means something's interfering between the 1Password extension and 1Password Helper. Can you follow this list of suggestions to see if anything will help: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/troubleshooting-extensions-win

• ToshiBeerends
    ToshiBeerends
    Community Member
    Options

As I said, i've tried everything what stays in the troubleshooting and what i can find on the web. Nothing will help...

• Elaini
    Elaini
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have the same problem. I use Chrome as my main browser, but 1Password Chrome plugin has once in a while worked, once in a while it has not. It has seemed almost random (which I'm sure it isn't). Now it hasn't worked at all.

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi guys,

@ToshiBeerends and @Elaini:

Can you please use this guide to email us your diagnostic reports after reproducing the problem in Chrome and also include the link to this thread, so we can connect the email to this thread.

If you reproduce the problem first, we can see the logs to understand what's going on.

Update this thread to let us know when you've sent the emails, so we can look for it.

Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ToshiBeerends,

I found your email (Email ID: DFY-19815-482) and I've just replied, I think your proxy might be the issue.

This discussion has been closed.