1Password Firefox browser extension unlock window position is bad for multimonitor setup

I'm using Windows 7 x64 with two displays (laptop integrated and external).
When I'm placing Firefox on the left display and use it full screen, then the 1Password browser extension window upper left corner will start below the icon of 1Password in the toolbar of Firefox and then shown half on the left display and half on the right and some pieces even outside all displays because the not of same size.

The extension window after successfully unlock is shown right with right edge aliening with the right edge of the display.

When placing Firefox on the right display in full screen the unlock window of the browser extension is correct aliened with the right edge of the display.

I'm using 1Password for Windows 4.1.0.538. and latest Firefox.

Is there any way to correct this awkward windows positioning excepting the move of the icon in my Firefox toolbar to the left side....

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I think pop-up windows like the extension password prompt and menu will always appear at the pointer location. I'll check with Dev to see whether there's any way to modify that behavior.

Thanks for your post!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Dev and Support and QA report that they're unable to reproduce the problem, @Sensemann. We're sorry not to have a more helpful answer for you.

If you have any additional information you can provide that might help us duplicate your setup, please let us know.

• Hi @seensemann,

Are you using any multiple-monitor tools that manages how applications are sized/moved around between monitors?

• Sensemann
    Sensemann
    Community Member

Hi Mike,
    no I don't use any tools for window seizing / moving. Bu the problem only occurs when Firefox is on the left screen and the icon of 1password is near to the right edge of the Firefox toolbar.

• Chrm…

I just tried this again, this time with my Windows 8 machine only, and I can't get it to render incorrectly.
    The setup was exactly what you described in the OP and your post previous to mine.

The only interesting thing I noticed was that it took a fraction of a second longer to render.

What settings are you using for the dual-monitor setup?

• Hi @Sensemann,

As a test, can you tell me what happens if you drag the 1Password icon to the left of the Firefox toolbar instead? It might be because of the extension being so close to the screen edge, it could get the wrong information about where it is.

• Sensemann
    Sensemann
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

Hi Mike,
    I didn't test it on Windows 8 jet. I'm using Windows 7 X64 English version. When I have time I'll verify it on Windows 8.
    When I place the Icon on the left side of the toolbar it's working like expected but that's obvious because the popup window for unlocking 1Password is positioning with it's left edge below the toolbar icon.
    I've a dual-display setup as in the screen shot. There is no difference if I align the displays on the top or bottom edge (they are not from same resolution).
    Fore sure, when I align both displays on their top edge the unlock window is shown completely but it's still placed on the edge between both screens.

• Hi @Sensemann,

Thanks, we'll look into it. I don't have the hardware required to test this and Alex is away at the moment. We'll follow up as soon as we have someone with the setup to test it with Windows 7.

It will be interesting to see if Windows 8 does this properly for you.

This discussion has been closed.