Chrome Beta Version: New tab not opening when selecting a login or clicking "Go & Fill"

Was the Beta Version for Chrome updated? The extension suddenly stopped opening new tab when I select a login.

It does not work when:

• selecting a login from favorites, tags or login
  • search for and item, select it and click "Go & Fill"

It says I have "4.4.0.1"
I have "Auto-Submit" selected and "Open Login In > New tab" selected.

Comments

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member

"New Window" and "Current Tab" options do not work either.

Login correctly fills and auto submits when I have the login page opened manually.

• MikeT
    edited March 2015

Hi @blissfool,

Yes, we've issued a new beta of the 1Password extension in the last few days.

I can confirm it is not working, I'll file a bug report. Thanks for letting us know.

It does work fine if you try to do this from the main 1Password application instead of using 1Password Helper. The stable 1Password extension version works as well.

In the meantime, you have two options to work around this:

1. Open your Logins from the main 1Password application or
    2. Downgrade to the stable 1Password extension 4.3.0. To do this, remove the beta extension in Chrome and install the stable version from the main 1Password application's Preferences > Browsers, which does work in my testings.

Bug ID #: OPX-884

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member

Hey @MikeT,

I've just disabled beta and re-enabled the stable plugin. It's working like you've mentioned. Thanks~

• You're welcome!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@blissfool Thanks for reporting this issue! I just wanted to update this thread and let you know we've identified the problem and a fix should be released fairly soon. You can see my comment here for more details.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@blissfool Version 4.3.0.556 should fix this problem. Can you please download version 4.3.0.556 and confirm the fix?

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4

Thanks!

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member

@jxpx777 - Thanks!

@svondutch - Is that version for Beta release? Last release note mentions the beta version (4.4) but it is mentioned as part of 4.3 release?

In any case, I will try re-enabling the beta plugin.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

@blissfool The bug was in the 1Password helper, not in the 1Password extension. I have fixed it in the stable (non-beta) release of the 1Password helper. Please test with 1Password extension 4.4.0.BETA-1. Thanks!

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member

Ah, ok!
    So, I've installed 4.3.0.556 and also enabled the beta plug-in. The Go & Fill is working now.
    One weird thing is, I had to re-save login for this forum... it wouldn't fill the userid field correctly after the update.
    In any case, it the main issue appears to be resolved~

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

So, I've installed 4.3.0.556 and also enabled the beta plug-in. The Go & Fill is working now.

@blissfool Thank you for confirming the fix!

One weird thing is, I had to re-save login for this forum... it wouldn't fill the userid field correctly after the update.

@blissfool When you run the BETA version, then you also have our latest and greatest filling brain. This might explain for this discrepancy.

This discussion has been closed.