Google Drive Support sync coming?

Comments

• Straight Arrow
    Straight Arrow
    Community Member

I just want to toss in my 2 cents for Google Drive support. I would also prefer it to Dropbox. At least provide the options, please.

• Thanks for your two cents, @Straight Arrow! I'll definitely add your vote for Google Drive support as well. Thanks and have a great weekend!

• sonicdnb
    sonicdnb
    Community Member

Using Google Drive to sync on Windows is not that difficult. Move the 1p vault to the Google Drive folder on your local disc. Point 1p to use that folder. Done. Sync is done via the Google Drive app itself.

However, achieving this on Android is not that simple. I'm currently using the Android App "Drive Autosync" which is just downloading the whole 1p folder from my Google Drive to /sdcard on my Android. In 1p on Android I use folder sync and tell it to use that folder. To automatically keep the downloaded folder in sync I launch Drive Autosync via Tasker when opening 1password.

Anyway... +1 for official Google Drive support!

• scedja
    scedja
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

Add my team's vote!

• We understand this is a very important feature for our users and I'll pass on your votes for Google Drive support. Thanks.

• Florian Cech
    Florian Cech
    Community Member

Absolutely, count me (and my team) in for g-drive support!

• You got it, @Florian Cech! I'm adding your vote for Google Drive as well. :) Thanks!

• skitchenltd
    skitchenltd
    Community Member

Hi,
    Google Drive sync is very important to my Company, I'm using iCloud for now & I rather not use DropBox ...
    Adding this feature would be great, thanx.

• Thanks for your input, @skitchenltd! I'm adding your :+1:!

• SergeyK
    SergeyK
    Community Member

+1

• Thanks for your vote!

• markmars
    markmars
    Community Member

+1

• ARK
    ARK
    Community Member

We'd also like to cast our vote for Google Drive Sync Support on Mac.

1Password has been a tremendous benefit for us. Keep up the good work!

• Thank you so much for your votes. We understand how important this feature is and we are trying our best to bring Google Drive support to 1Password!

• duff2481
    duff2481
    Community Member

Please add my support for 1password w/ GDrive support. for those that have successfully done this along with using Android phone I'd love to know! Tried using Drive AutoSync like mentioned in forum post but 1Password claims the folder i am syncing with doesn't contain 1password information

• Thanks for the vote @duff2481! :)

• jesslorenzo
    jesslorenzo
    Community Member

Add my vote too please

• Added your vote. Thank you so much!

• AtomicEdge
    AtomicEdge
    Community Member

This would really be a great feature. I've got rid of Dropbox for everything now apart from 1password. Annoying having to have another app running to keep in sync.

• adamwdennis
    adamwdennis
    Community Member

Add my vote. Dropbox is only being used for 1password for me. Google Drive for everything else.

• Google drive support is a very important feature we are looking to add! Thank you for the votes.

• RaviDesai
    RaviDesai
    Community Member

Another vote for google drive support...

• Thanks @RaviDesai! I've added your vote. :)

• kresbeatz
    kresbeatz
    Community Member

Since Google Drive became my one and only cloud storage it is really deal breaker for me. I can't use 1Password on Android without GDrive support. I don't want to install Dropbox just for 1Password sync option, and as I have three devices with 1Password it's almost unusable for me without GDrive support. So, you can definitely add my voice.

• Hey @kresbeatz. :) I'll definitely add your vote for Google Drive support. In the meantime, you're welcome to sync to local storage, and use Google Drive from there. Many other users in this thread have reported having great success with that method.

• Maroder
    Maroder
    Community Member

Is there an estimate when Google Drive Support is finally coming for mobile platforms? Your office must be flooded with votes by now ...

• Hey @Maroder. You're right--we do have lots of votes for Google Drive support. :)

We're working hard toward trying to bring support for Google Drive, but we really try to avoid making promises with regards to unreleased features. I'm sorry I can't give you an estimate on when we might be able to add it. We'll post here when we have news!

• axel_mueller
    axel_mueller
    Community Member

Google Drive +1 :-)

• Thanks @axel_mueller. I've added your vote. :)

• ColinMorris
    ColinMorris
    Community Member

+1 vote!

This discussion has been closed.