Accidentally bought 2 need only 1 1Password for Mac. Now what?

Tronie1212
Tronie1212
Community Member

Can someone help me to the agile bits help counter?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

@Tronie1212 - You have just posted to Agileabits help counter. Could you describe for us a little more about your situation? You say you have bought two licenses. Where did you buy them? From the AgileBits web store, or Apple's Mac App Store? Also, when did you buy your licenses.

The answers to these questions will help get you accurate advice about your next steps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tronie1212: I wasn't able to find any purchases under the email you have registered here. If you did purchase two licenses for 1Password for Mac and you don't need the second for a family member (our licenses are per user, per platform, so you, as an individual, only need one Mac license), just send me a private message -- or email support+licenses at agilebits dot com -- with the email you used when you made the purchase(s) and we will get that sorted out for you. Just be sure to include a link to this thread so we know you're being taken care of! :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

brenty, surely you are wrong, even though you are a staff member.

The license now covers family members, as long as they are in the same household. This replaces an earlier concept of family license.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danco: You are correct. I should have been clearer: the second license could be transferred or gifted to a family member if it was not needed. I do this all the time when I get another in a bundle (like the recent Parallels deal!)

Thanks for catching that for me! :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@brenty - According to the AgileBits license terms, licenses may not be transferred or sold.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

You are quite correct @hawkmoth, from our AgileBits Software Licenses page.

Licenses can not be transfered or re-sold.

We do have the ability in our store to gift somebody a licence at the time of purchase though for those that wish to do so.

@Tronie1212 The best course of action is to email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com from the email address you used to make the purchase with a link to this thread to ensure whoever deals with your request is up to speed. As soon as we can locate the sales in question we will of course be happy to refund one if you're accidentally purchased two.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hawkmoth, @littlebobbytables: Thanks for chiming in! Indeed, I really got carried away and misspoke. Sending us an email is the best thing, as we'll happily do what we can to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.