"Lenient URL" does not work

I have a card with the URL "http://www.livejournal.com/". If I open domain "http://borzdeg.livejournal.com/", then 1Password does not offer me the password to fill the authorization form.

1Password version 4.2.1.BETA-555

Comments

• Hi @Borz,

You need to add the URL to the list of URLs to the Login for livejournal.com. To do this, edit your Login in the 1Password application, press Add URL below the URLs list and that should get it working.

• Borz
    Borz
    Community Member

Hi, @MikeT,

I understand you correctly, what you think, for "Lenient URL", you want to add all subdomains 3 and below, even if these subdomains auto creating, as livejournal.com?
    I would like to be able to 1Password, when the function "Lenient URL" could check subdomains. I "used to good" in Roboform - in the search results display all matching mask "* .domain.com", but those that were "closer" to the address of the browser placed higher on the list - it is called "Show matching passcards with the best URL match on top "

• Hi @Borz,

The Lenient URL matching is only for multiple URLs in the same Login item, it doesn't do anything else. To learn more about why, please read this post.

I would like to be able to 1Password, when the function "Lenient URL" could check subdomains. I "used to good" in Roboform - in the search results display all matching mask "* .domain.com", but those that were "closer" to the address of the browser placed higher on the list - it is called "Show matching passcards with the best URL match on top "

We do that when you have multiple Login items, we display them all and we place subdomain matches on top of the domain matches. This is differently from having a single Login item with its own URL lists.

I'll check in with our development team to see why livejournal is slightly different from other sites.

• Hi @Borz,

Just to follow up, this might be a bug. You should still see the Login item show up on both pages as long as the domain matches. I've filed a bug report and we'll look into it as soon as possible.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Borz Fixed in 4.3.0.556 /cc @MikeT

• Borz
    Borz
    Community Member

Thank You! Confirm - the error is corrected.

• Borz
    Borz
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

@Bernfrin ,
    No, it is not necessary to do so - subdomains are detected correctly since version 4.3.0.556

• @Borz - thanks for confirming this.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Borz,

I just updated my version of 1Password and saw this in the release notes.

"Bug: 1Password mistakenly thinks www.livejournal.com and borzdeg.livejournal.com aren't in the same domain. Fixed." :)

• Thanks @reck !

• Borz
    Borz
    Community Member

@reck , Yeah, I saw it - sorry I do not watch attendance of the blog :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad it is working for you now. Be sure to reach out if we can be of further assistance. :)

This discussion has been closed.