The Login Window disappears when I start typing my password in.

Options

When I run 1password the login window appears. As soon as I put my cursor in the input field and start typing the password it just disappears. If I look under Task Manager the 1Password.exe32 and Agile1pLogin.exe32 processes are running. If I try to run it again it just creates another 1Password.exe*32 process. I'm running the latest version (non-beta) of v4 on a Win 7 system. I have an anti-virus program but it does not work even if I disable it. The only way I have been able to get into the desktop interface is if I copy my password into the clipboard and once the login window appears I have to rapidly click and paste then hit enter before it goes away.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @KEALBO,

Do you recall if you enabled the Unlock on Secure Desktop feature? It sounds like it could be an issue with the Secure Desktop feature.

Can you unlock the main application again, go to the File Menu > Preferences > Browsers and uncheck Unlock on Secure Desktop before saving the change. Restart the application, does this work better now?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

@KEALBO What @MikeT says. If his suggestion doesn't work, then the last resort is to throw away this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AgileBits\1Password 4

• KEALBO
    KEALBO
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Interestingly enough, I rebooted a couple times and the logon dialog box is now working. Mike, per your suggestion. The 'Unlock on Secure Desktop' is and was checked. Hopefully it will not but if it happens again I will try that and svondutch's suggestions. Thanks for the quick replies.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @KEALBO,

Please do let us know how it turns out over time.

Also, can you tell us the name of your AV program? We found a recent potential issue where one of the AV programs would block the secure desktop from showing up and I'm wondering if you're using the same product.

• KEALBO
    KEALBO
    Community Member
    Options

Mike,

The AV software is 'Symantec Endpoint Protection.'

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KEALBO: Thank you for sharing that! Hopefully the issue does not persist. It sounds like restarting did the trick though! Be sure to let us know if we can be of further assistance. :chuffed:

• KEALBO
    KEALBO
    Community Member
    Options

Greetings. Just an update. The login dialog box started to disappear again while typing in the password. I unchecked the 'Unlock on Secure Desktop' and it appears to now be working (thanks Mike). As a footnote, as opposed to just the password dialog box appearing the entire 1Password window appears along with the password dialog box. Thanks and will repost if this does not work.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @KEALBO,

As a footnote, as opposed to just the password dialog box appearing the entire 1Password window appears along with the password dialog box. Thanks and will repost if this does not work.

That's really unusual, it should not be capable of doing that.

Are you able to modify any settings in Symantec Endpoint Protection or is it locked down by your IT department if this is on a work computer?

• KEALBO
    KEALBO
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

I can temporarily disable Symantec.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @KEALBO,

With the Internet disconnected, please see if the Unlock on Secure Desktop is working properly with Symantec disabled. Once you're sure that it is, re-enable Symantec and see if it starts breaking again.

This discussion has been closed.