need mac and PC syncing, cannot use dropbox or icloud

cuestakid
cuestakid
Community Member
edited March 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Here is my problem-I cannot use dropbox at work, so I cannot sync via that and we are a Windows environment. Outside of work I am all Mac/iOS. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can effectively sync? The only two options I can see are that I move back to Dropbox (currently I am using iCloud) and I copy the password file each day to my flash drive and carry it around. Another is to try and see if I can get wireless syncing working on both devices.

Does anyone have any ideas or am I just out of luck? I have been a long time user of 1Password so I would prefer to have some kind of working solution.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @cuestakid,

Can you use Wi-Fi sync at work? We use Bonjour to advertise 1Password on the wireless network. It is likely they have disabled Bonjour as well and won't let you sync like this.

What about iCloud Drive, are you allowed to use this at work? What I am thinking is that you use the Mac App to Folder Sync to a folder in your iCloud Drive, configure the Windows app to read/write to the folder and use the Wi-Fi sync between Mac/iOS at home instead. You can use Wi-Fi and Folder sync at the same time on your Mac.

• cuestakid
    cuestakid
    Community Member

because they have blocked access to iTunes, i cannot download it, which also probably means i wont be able to install icloud drive or bonjour as you described. However I will try and see if can install icloud control panel.

• Hi @cuestakid,

iCloud Drive and/or Bonjour don't require iTunes, unless you meant something else. Both are separately downloaded and installed.

• cuestakid
    cuestakid
    Community Member

ok i will try both and see..

• MikeT
    edited March 2015

Let us know how it turns out and we can try to think of different sync scenarios for you.

This discussion has been closed.