Suggestion Hide Credit Card Numbers, not just Verification Numbers

Any reason why Credit Card numbers are not also a concealable field in 1P3?
Honestly, this is literally the only thing that I dislike (immensely) about 1P. Other than that I am an evangelist who has converted quite a few others (and even gotten my wife to use it - which is saying quite a lot actually).
I frequently open the 1P app for various uses in everyday activity, and if I last had 1P open to the Vault>Wallet section, and there happens to be someone standing behind me, they instantly see one of my CC number(s). This simply should not be.

[begging] PLEASE change this to another concealable field!! :D

Cheers,

Mark Snow

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for the feedback. We'd like to put more power into your hands so you can decide what values should be "secret" from viewing when the "Conceal Password" is enabled. We'll keep this particular one in mind as we work toward that goal. What would be cool would be if we had a way to mask the credit card number like it's done by many web sites and just show the last 4 digits. That way you could quickly look at the item (with the full values still hidden) and go "yep, that's the right CC information I want to provide". That's my dream anyway!
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I like your dream.
  • benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    I raised this same point a while back. Glad to see that it seems to be on the "to-do list."

I can't think of any reason not to conceal all but the last four or five digits by default. I'd also like to be able to conceal the expiration date.

While you're at it, how about concealing SSNs? Same principle applies.

The general solution, I suppose, would be to put a "conceal" checkbox on EVERY field when in edit mode. Or a drop-down button instructing 1P to display "all" "none" or "last 4 digits."

I guess my bottom line is that the app should facilitate, and indeed encourage, good security practices. Any user who finds it a nuisance to have to un-conceal a credit card number or SSN can duplicate the number in an attached note.

Incidentally, I keep a "look-up table" mapping last-four-digits to credit cards as a Secure Note. Lets me figure out quickly what card a receipt goes with. Especially helpful when a card number changes due to a lost card, reissue, etc.
  • benfdc wrote:

While you're at it, how about concealing SSNs? Same principle applies.

SSNs are already concealed for me. Are you sure this is still a problem?

benfdc wrote:

The general solution, I suppose, would be to put a "conceal" checkbox on EVERY field when in edit mode. Or a drop-down button instructing 1P to display "all" "none" or "last 4 digits."

When custom fields are implemented, this will be a necessity, I'm sure. Until then, I've reported the fact that credit card numbers are revealed in full.

Thanks for the feedback!
  • benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited December 2011
    SSNs are indeed concealed. But the months have gone steadily by, and 1Password continues to expose my full credit card and bank account numbers to shoulder-surfers.

*sigh*
This discussion has been closed.