Switch back to old version of 1Password?

I have 1Password on Mac, Android and Windows. On the Mac and Android I use 1Password several times a day but the Windows machine is only used once every 6 months. When the Windows beta for the latest version of 1Password came out I installed it but given the limited usage there doesn't seem much point in upgrading. Is there any way for me to safely go back to version 3? I can't find an installer anywhere.

Comments

• LauraR
    edited March 2015

@ashleyk - The current version of 1Password for Windows is version 4 and previous to that there was version 1. You can still download version 1 from here. However you will not benefit from latest updates and security fixes. Can you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com for more help with this?

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

@LauraR OK I must have been mistaken. In my notes here I wrote that I had version 3.8 but perhaps that relates to the Mac version I had at the time.

Sure I can email support but I was hoping to just install the old version and hook up to Dropbox to sync the data.

• @ashleyk - yes, you can install the old version from that above link and sync with Dropbox.

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member

@LauraR That link only seems to show the current version.

• LauraR
    edited March 2015

I'm so sorry - here is the correct link. I will also correct that link in the above post.

• jasperjane
    jasperjane
    Community Member
    • Hello, I was so stuck for a few weeks, after I received constant notifications to update 1Password to 5 something about free, and then it wasn't. Then went I went to go back to the old version i had already purchased, I was able to on my iMac but couldn't figure it out on the ios devices. I just kept hoping I'd find it, and today I just happened to do a search and found the issue in the forums. Whew. I was able to go to the iTunes Apps, and in the apps, I found the old version I had purchased from Agilebits. I was able to drag it into my iPhone and iPad again, and opened them and voila' everything was back to normal. I was also able to do this with my safari extension. Thank goodness Agilebits, you have not abandoned your original and faithful customers for the latest version apple craze.
  • @jasperjane - I'm glad you were able to go back to older version of 1Password on your iOS devices. I'm wondering though why you didn't want the latest versions which have a lot of great new features and improvements.

• jasperjane
    jasperjane
    Community Member

Mainly because I paid for the original version. And the new version is out of my budget. While the app is top of the line, and probably worthy. All of the apps are doing the same thing. When I upgraded to the iPad mini3, I had no idea I'd have to pay so much to keep all my apps up to date. So while this is just one app, there's probably a dozen others, all with $30-50$ price tags, or subscriptions. I really don't have the money to upgrade everything. For the now, I need to stick with what I had paid for and use it, since the models keep changing and my income, unfortunately does not. Just too much on the equipment end for now. The old app works and you have to say that is a wonderful thing. I completely stopped using PDF expert, over the same issue. But they don't offer the old app usage and restore. So I have stopped using the app completely.

• @jasperjane - thanks for letting us know this. And just in case you are interested in the new version at some point - 1Password 5 for iOS is free for basic functionality including:

• Creating, editing and viewing Logins, Credit Cards, Identities and Secure Notes
    • Syncing with other devices through iCloud, Dropbox and Wi-Fi
    • Filling items in 1Browser, the Safari extension and in other supported apps
    • Unlocking 1Password through Touch ID on compatible devices
    • And lots more!

In addition, there are a number of Pro Features that can be purchased through a single in-app purchase:

• Creating, Editing and viewing all other categories, including Wireless Routers, Software licenses and more
    • Organizing items with custom folders and tags
    • Creating and accessing multiple vaults
    • Advanced features such as viewing attachments, creating custom fields and more

To learn more, please have a look at the Pro Features FAQ in our knowledgebase:
    https://support.1password.com/pro-features-faq/

• jasperjane
    jasperjane
    Community Member

For the time that I used the app, it was quite wonderful. Its on the top of my list.

• @jasperjane - great to know you liked it :)

This discussion has been closed.